Mar 6, 2011

Yarn and Eyeshadow

0305110210-00I haven't given up on the picture-a-day thing. But don't really have a picture for the next "day". Lately I've been on a baby knitting spree. Maybe you noticed. It's that time of year. Everyone is either getting married or having babies. Thankfully, I am neither. To those of you who are, CONGRATS!!! Now I have reasons to knit small, adorable projects. For some reason, the most recent project I began, I chose to do stripes. Three different colors (all stash again!). On size 9 needles, this knits up fast. However, there are millions of ends to weave in and it is slowly becoming frustrating. Here is the pattern. Not very thorough, actually I think the entire reason I wanted to knit this was the adorable baby wearing the sweater. The other project I have going on right now is Dirty Deer hat for Beau. Colorwork...yay. My stranding sucks. It just does. Especially over large areas where I have to trap the yarn. This all leaves me yearning for something simple to knit. Pogona is done now, it's gorgeous! Such a beautiful and simple pattern. Maybe I'll do that Boneyard shawl.

0304111353-00


School is going well, if you were curious. I really should get a small camera to take pictures for my portfolio. Anyways, I wanted to integrate some makeup stuff. While at Wal-mart making frivolous purchases, I picked up some lime green nail polish. The color was super exciting, after applying all I did was show off my nails. Being at school, everyone was very patronizing. It was so spectacular that it inspired an entire makeup look. Though I had to go out and hunt down a good matching eye shadow color. Well worth it. There were many compliments on this particular look. My client that day (who had to stare at me for 5-6 hours while I did her perm) absolutely loved it. Even though she said she didn't usually like solid color shadows. Which...it wasn't. Here is the look, and the polish. Wish I'd gotten a pic of them together.

0210111330-00 0210111329-01.jpg 0210111325-02 0208111617-00


If you're curious, here is a list of products for my "Wild Thing" look:

Face
Physician's Formula Gentle Coverage Concealer Soft Yellow
Bare Mineral's Prime Time
Bare Mineral's Foundation - 1N Fairly Light
Bare Mineral's Mineral Veil
Bare Mineral's Blush - Flowers

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Cover Girl Eye Enhancers 3 shadows - Firecracker (green only)
Sephora eyeshadow - Picnic in the Park
Coastal Scents 56 palette - Black
NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil - Milk
Studio Gear gel eyeliner - Onyx
Too Faced Natural Eye kit - Heaven
NYX eyebrow cake powder - Taupe/Ash

Lips
wetNwild lip liner - Brandy Wine
Some ridiculous cheap red lipstick
wetNwild lip gloss - Sweet Glaze

Nails
Pure Ice - Wild Thing

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts