May 8, 2006
Woops! Took a bit for me to remember to do this...hopefully they don't flog me! :P
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Oh, I like lots of things. I'm a bit of a yarn snob though. I've found that bamboo is my absolute favorite though. I just love the colors and the drape. Though...just about anything will do me. And Alpaca, I like Alpaca
Except acrylic. I'm not a big fan of the acrylics unless I'm knitting something as a gift or that I don't plan on wearing much.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
:D I made my own needlecase...with a cow print fabric. It's loverly. There are pictures of it in the blog some place.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Wow, um I've been knitting since about December. So half a year. I'm a fairly fast learner, though I still consider myself a beginner. Dunno...you've seen some of the things I do, so you be the judge?
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Um yes. I think I have an Amazon.com wishlist. If I can find it. Oh, here it is! And here's another one. The Amazon list has more stuff on it, books and things. The Froogle one (second link) has yarn. lol Update the Amazon one more often though.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla!! omg I *heart* vanilla. But I also like lavendar, and I bought these really nice "merlot" scented candles.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
YES! Seriously. I love chocolate. I think my favorites are Reese's Pieces, Laffy Taffy, and Ferrero Rocher (when I feel like indulging).
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew quite a bit, actually I'm planning on making some clothes for this summer and renfest. I don't spin, but I want to learn. *sigh* When I have the money.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm fairly ecclectic. My main interests are rock, punk, oldies and umm a little bit of rap here and there. I love to dance around sometimes. Have you seen the cover of the We Are Scientists album? It's got kitties on it! I want that
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
PURPLE!! hehe And I also love green, it looks good on me. Or that's what they say.
Mostly I'm just not into yellow. I used to hate brown, but I've grown to like it when mixed with other colors. How ironic...I hate pink. Yes, I know I'm using it now, but it was just the first contrasting color that popped in my head.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have two children and am pregnant with my third! EEP! My daughter is three, my son is one and the baby is due in September. I will find out on Wednesday what the gender is. We currently have only one cat, our doggy ran away. The baby will be a boy, most likely named Nolan. And we just adopted a female puppy.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love hats. I don't wear them much but I love them. Ponchos...well I've never found the right one. Scarves...I like but don't wear. Mittens...no. Gloves and armwarmers...yes. I like shrugs. :)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Um...hats. lol I've made sooo many. They are simple and fun! I love a challenge though. I have NOT made a single scarf to date. Though there is one in planning for my brother.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I've got Knitty's Cleaves and the Lelah top on my needles.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Absolutely! What mom doesn't? (gee that makes me sound like a dork....)
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars! Bamboo needles are my favorite, plastic next...and well aluminum if I must.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No! Sadly. :( I would love one though, so I can leave my poor LYS owner alone. lol
17. How did you learn to knit?
Um I taught myself actually. Through books, the internet, and a few helping hints.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Gee...I guess that would be the Cleaves. I started them...a few weeks ago? I'm kinda obsessive, I HATE having more than one project going at once. The only reason the Cleaves are unfinished is the yarn is expensive.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday! No, I'm kidding. It's definitely Christmas, but moreso because of that cozy feeling you get inside. And I love to buy things for other people. Now I can make them things too!
20. Is there anything that you collect?
*cough* That'd be cows. lol Real cows are kinda yucky looking, but I just adore little stuffed cows. You should see my kitchen. Also, Cheshire cat things.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
YES! I want the pattern for the Newsboy Cap in SnB Nation. Also, I want a subscription to Knit1 and Bust. My magazine subscriptions are not knitting related right now. lol Pattern for Monica's lace stockings
Oh yarns that I want...Fiesta Yarn La Luz Multi in Taos. There is a link a few blogs back I believe.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to learn fair-isle or intarsia. Oh, and I think I'm going to have to learn to crochet to make a certain top for the renfest. hehe
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I haven't knitted socks. But I saw two patterns that I'm just going to have to make! My foot measurements? Oh I don't even know! All I know is I wear a 7.5 shoe. I'll get back to you on this one.
Oh...and I like baby booties, I know nobody asked, but I figured it fell under socks. Everyone should have baby booties.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
December 9th...totally irrelevant for this I believe.
YAY! I hope I get my match soon. And that I didn't delete any pertinent info out of my email accounts.