May 8, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

Woops! Took a bit for me to remember to do this...hopefully they don't flog me! :P

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Oh, I like lots of things. I'm a bit of a yarn snob though. I've found that bamboo is my absolute favorite though. I just love the colors and the drape. Though...just about anything will do me. And Alpaca, I like Alpaca

Except acrylic. I'm not a big fan of the acrylics unless I'm knitting something as a gift or that I don't plan on wearing much.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
:D I made my own needlecase...with a cow print fabric. It's loverly. There are pictures of it in the blog some place.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Wow, um I've been knitting since about December. So half a year. I'm a fairly fast learner, though I still consider myself a beginner. Dunno...you've seen some of the things I do, so you be the judge?

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Um yes. I think I have an Amazon.com wishlist. If I can find it. Oh, here it is! And here's another one. The Amazon list has more stuff on it, books and things. The Froogle one (second link) has yarn. lol Update the Amazon one more often though.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla!! omg I *heart* vanilla. But I also like lavendar, and I bought these really nice "merlot" scented candles.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
YES! Seriously. I love chocolate. I think my favorites are Reese's Pieces, Laffy Taffy, and Ferrero Rocher (when I feel like indulging).

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew quite a bit, actually I'm planning on making some clothes for this summer and renfest. I don't spin, but I want to learn. *sigh* When I have the money.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm fairly ecclectic. My main interests are rock, punk, oldies and umm a little bit of rap here and there. I love to dance around sometimes. Have you seen the cover of the We Are Scientists album? It's got kitties on it! I want that

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
PURPLE!! hehe And I also love green, it looks good on me. Or that's what they say.

Mostly I'm just not into yellow. I used to hate brown, but I've grown to like it when mixed with other colors. How ironic...I hate pink. Yes, I know I'm using it now, but it was just the first contrasting color that popped in my head.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have two children and am pregnant with my third! EEP! My daughter is three, my son is one and the baby is due in September. I will find out on Wednesday what the gender is. We currently have only one cat, our doggy ran away. The baby will be a boy, most likely named Nolan. And we just adopted a female puppy.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love hats. I don't wear them much but I love them. Ponchos...well I've never found the right one. Scarves...I like but don't wear. Mittens...no. Gloves and armwarmers...yes. I like shrugs. :)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Um...hats. lol I've made sooo many. They are simple and fun! I love a challenge though. I have NOT made a single scarf to date. Though there is one in planning for my brother.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I've got Knitty's Cleaves and the Lelah top on my needles.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Absolutely! What mom doesn't? (gee that makes me sound like a dork....)

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars! Bamboo needles are my favorite, plastic next...and well aluminum if I must.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No! Sadly. :( I would love one though, so I can leave my poor LYS owner alone. lol

17. How did you learn to knit?
Um I taught myself actually. Through books, the internet, and a few helping hints.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Gee...I guess that would be the Cleaves. I started them...a few weeks ago? I'm kinda obsessive, I HATE having more than one project going at once. The only reason the Cleaves are unfinished is the yarn is expensive.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday! No, I'm kidding. It's definitely Christmas, but moreso because of that cozy feeling you get inside. And I love to buy things for other people. Now I can make them things too!

20. Is there anything that you collect?
*cough* That'd be cows. lol Real cows are kinda yucky looking, but I just adore little stuffed cows. You should see my kitchen. Also, Cheshire cat things.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
YES! I want the pattern for the Newsboy Cap in SnB Nation. Also, I want a subscription to Knit1 and Bust. My magazine subscriptions are not knitting related right now. lol Pattern for Monica's lace stockings

Oh yarns that I want...Fiesta Yarn La Luz Multi in Taos. There is a link a few blogs back I believe.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to learn fair-isle or intarsia. Oh, and I think I'm going to have to learn to crochet to make a certain top for the renfest. hehe

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I haven't knitted socks. But I saw two patterns that I'm just going to have to make! My foot measurements? Oh I don't even know! All I know is I wear a 7.5 shoe. I'll get back to you on this one.

Oh...and I like baby booties, I know nobody asked, but I figured it fell under socks. Everyone should have baby booties.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
December 9th...totally irrelevant for this I believe.


YAY! I hope I get my match soon. And that I didn't delete any pertinent info out of my email accounts.

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts