Jan 21, 2007

Doublemint

Don't ask, just go with it.

Uber-crop2So, this was a busy weekend and I feel I haven't posted much. Probably because Justin was home Friday and yesterday. Playing WoW. *sigh* Anyway, I've got tons of fun for you all.

Let's see, Friday I did finally finish off the yarn for my raglan. But I bought more on Saturday. hehe Yeah, I got a $40 check from a bond or something that my church had given to me as a kid. Actually, I ended up not paying for the yarn as Justin had my card. Silly buttons. Besides, it's not like I'm never going back there. So, on Friday I decided to swatch and start my Endpaper Mitts, well I wasn't liking the way the Lorna's Laces was looking with the KP. The dark spots were way too dark and blended slightly, making the whole thing look wonky. So, I was searching the shop and getting frustrated because the only sock yarn she had the I could use was the Fortissima Socka (previously used for Knucks) and I do NOT like this stuff. It's not comfortable to knit with. My LYS owner was watching me wander around with my face all screwed up, so she decided to assist. She asked what Yummy Yarn Cakesother yarn I was using for the mitts, and I told her KnitPicks. Which I know isn't encouraging, but I am a young mother of three, single-income, money is tight. Besides, we just went over how her sock yarn collection disappointed me.

She picked out an enticing yarn on one of the big cones, I'm guessing it's for weaving usually, but it'll work. And, the kicker, I asked how much she was going to charge me for it, she said "Let's just call it a bribe." hehehe Alright, alright, I get the hint! lol Linda is awesome, seriously. If you are ever anywhere close to Richlands, NC you should check out her shop. There's a button in my sidebar.

Whew. I'm tired. Last night I went to Greeneville with my buddy Tyler and some of his friends. They're leaving for Iraq next weekend, I'm gonna miss Ty. :( We went out dancing. Anyways, while I was waiting on him I worked on my mitts some more. My decision for them went something like this, why cast on 60 sts to knit a swatch if the mitt itself only needs 56?! The cuff is the same for every size, so I figure I Endpaper Mittscan just put a lifeline in and if it doesn't fit, rip back and go up a size. Of course, I forgot to put in the lifeline. Silly me. Casting on was hell too, I did it about 4 or 5 times before Justin convinced me to put it down. We played WoW, my characters name is Raglan. hahaha Such a dork. Now I've done one whole rep of the 10 row pattern. It looks beautiful, except for where the joins are. Those spots look awkward. Gotta figure out what I'm doing and how to fix it.

My replacement needles finally got here, and I picked up the last ball of yarnReplacements needed for my Harley Quinn socks, so I have WIPs to finish. Before I get more involved with those mitts I mean. My swap socks need to be finished, so they can get done before PS really gets started. Harley Quinn could squeak in, but I think I'll finish them before Feb without any problems. The sweater and mitts are very well suited to ProjSpec though, so I can wait until February til work on them more if need be. Do you like the glorified paper towel roll my replacement needles came in? Cute right. lol Eh, they were free, whose complaining?

I'm forgetting something, I know I am. If I remember, I'll let you know.

Labels: , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts