Jan 7, 2009
I Quit This Life
No really, I'm sick of my job. And I've only been working there for a a little more than a month. We're not even going to discuss it. Anymore.
My New Year's Resolutions...the ones I made anyways, are
- Of course, not to start any new projects until I finish (or otherwise take care of) all my UFOs
- When I start new projects I will maintain only three WIPs at a time, one pair of plain socks to carry around, a gift for someone else (starting my Christmas knitting early this year), and something selfish.
- Blog more. Like once a week...or even a month.
- Check my bloglines more, also once a week.
- Try not to overreact when my husband upsets me.
- Actually, try not to overreact when anything upsets me.
We'll see how long any of these last. I've got a gift certificate to the LYS, brand new yarn from my birthday that's itching to be cast-on, and loads of stress that needs to be soothed by the feel of new and yummy yarns between my fingers. Oh...and I really want to make those Bijouterie from Knitty, it couldn't take that long. Generally I find that maintaining resolutions is to make short term goals, and plans on how I am going to achieve these things. So far all I've got are: Inventory my UFOs (thank you Ravelry!) and frog anything I won't finish, then make a priority list. How long has that been sitting? Really, a year? Ugh...guess I should do that first. Prioritize/reorganize my Rav queue. That may not be so easy. I'm thinking I'll write them all down on a sheet of paper (or two), cut it into strips and reorganize it there first. May actually be easier.
Labels: blogging, decisions, resolutions