Jun 26, 2006

I beg you take Courage;

The brave soul can mend even disaster.
-Catherine the Great


That's exactly what I ended up doing this weekend. I'll have to go all the way back to Friday, or maybe Thursday. It was the evening of the last day I posted, I can tell you that. Here is the scene:

Jaywalker disaster

I had innocently made a trip to the bathroom, and upon my return discovered my beloved son...with a sock in his hand! *gasp* One of the Jaywalkers was in his hand, a jumble of yarn trailing it. This sock was by no means attached to needles any longer. My immediate reaction was to get upset with him...but I suddenly realized there were several suspects, not all of whom could talk, none of whom were trustworthy. As I glanced from poor dismembered sock to my two small children, to my puppy, to even my cat who cleaned himself so casually...it dawned on me that there was no way to know who in my brief absence had been the culprit.

So I sat down with the sock and stared at it. A few of the rows had been unraveled, Yarn drying2that I was pretty sure of. And I didn't have the slightest clue as to where to begin trying to fix this problem. If I had only one sock it'd be easier maybe. There are two though, and I need to make sure they are both done evenly. Maybe I could just frog this entire sock and finish the other, then come back? The idea of frogging this partial sock (about 2.75 inches long) depressed me further, I threw the entire mess into my bag and wandered off to dye yarn.

The yarn came out lovely by the way. Though it was by far not the most exciting thing I've ever done. I made a lovely mess with the teal cake dye. Next time I think Midori Days2I'll either leave the white part in the middle alone, or else make sure I get it more evenly, instead it just looks like faded mess where the colors are supposed to meet.

Of course, I realized that really, the dyeing process was not enough to distract me from the accident with my Jaywalkers. I needed to knit. So (instead of grabbing my MP which really could be done by now) I decided to start my Thuja socks. They're a million times easier than the Jaywalkers, hopefully they are big enough. That's all I'm really worried about. Making socks for myself is easy, my feet are always there for modeling. I know men have bigger feet than we do, the pattern says it'll fit sizes 9-11. The pattern looks smallish though. My brother definitely couldn't fit into them, he has ridiculously large feet. Being 6 foot 3 and all. lol I think Justin wears a size 10 though, so...he can try them on for me.Thuja

I haven't got the slightest idea what I'm going to do with that yarn I dyed, it was just some Paton's wool I picked up. Kinda to practice the whole dyeing business. Didn't wanna screw up Jamie's pedi socks when I got around to doing those. The yarn for my mom's top was ordered too! That I need to get started on like right away. She told me to just make the largest size, she wants incentive to continue losing weight. I'm so proud of her! :) She's lost 3 pounds already. I'm wondering if I get the yarn soon and really buckle down if I could have it done by the 7th when she is here. It took me about a week to do Lelah, so it might work.

In prep for that I plan on finishing MP by tomorrow. Then I have to review the pattern for it, cross my fingers and submit it. Really I could have it done tonight. But I plan on using nap time today to sew a bit. I really need some shirts. lol

Jays on DPNsOkay, so I went to the Tail Spinner on Friday or Saturday, don't remember which. Linda helped me with what to do with my Jaywalker mess. She suggested I use some DPNs and knit the sock back to the point it should have been, using the line made by the dd to count my rows. Turns out I had something like 7 rows unraveled. *sigh* Then I tried fixing it at like two in the morning because I couldn't sleep. Silly me. I gave up and went to bed at four. They're fixed now though! WOOT! That's more than enough blabbering out of me. And you all have had plenty of pretty pictures to fill up your eyes. lol Off to go sew! I'm wasting nap time!

Jays recovered

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts