The brave soul can mend even disaster.
-Catherine the Great
That's exactly what I ended up doing this weekend. I'll have to go all the way back to Friday, or maybe Thursday. It was the evening of the last day I posted, I can tell you that. Here is the scene:
I had innocently made a trip to the bathroom, and upon my return discovered my beloved son...with a sock in his hand! *gasp* One of the Jaywalkers was in his hand, a jumble of yarn trailing it. This sock was by no means attached to needles any longer. My immediate reaction was to get upset with him...but I suddenly realized there were several suspects, not all of whom could talk, none of whom were trustworthy. As I glanced from poor dismembered sock to my two small children, to my puppy, to even my cat who cleaned himself so casually...it dawned on me that there was no way to know who
in my brief absence had been the culprit.
So I sat down with the sock and stared at it. A few of the rows had been unraveled,
that I was pretty sure of. And I didn't have the slightest clue as to where to begin trying to fix this problem. If I had only one sock it'd be easier maybe. There are two though, and I need to make sure they are both done evenly. Maybe I could just frog this entire sock and finish the other, then come back? The idea of frogging this partial sock (about 2.75 inches long) depressed me further, I threw the entire mess into my bag and wandered off to dye yarn.
The yarn came out lovely by the way. Though it was by far not the most exciting thing I've ever done. I made a lovely mess with the teal cake dye. Next time I think
I'll either leave the white part in the middle alone, or else make sure I get it more evenly, instead it just looks like faded mess where the colors are supposed to meet.
Of course, I realized that really, the dyeing process was not enough to distract me from the accident with my Jaywalkers. I needed to knit. So (instead of grabbing my MP which really could be done by now) I decided to start my Thuja socks. They're a million times easier than the Jaywalkers, hopefully they are big enough. That's all I'm really worried about. Making socks for myself is easy, my feet are always there for modeling. I know men have bigger feet than we do, the pattern says it'll fit sizes 9-11. The pattern looks smallish though. My brother definitely couldn't fit into them, he has ridiculously large feet. Being 6 foot 3 and all. lol I think Justin wears a size 10 though, so...he can try them on for me.
I haven't got the slightest idea what I'm going to do with that yarn I dyed, it was just some Paton's wool I picked up. Kinda to practice the whole dyeing business. Didn't wanna screw up Jamie's pedi socks when I got around to doing those. The yarn for my mom's top was ordered too! That I need to get started on like right away. She told me to just make the largest size, she wants incentive to continue losing weight. I'm so proud of her! :) She's lost 3 pounds already. I'm wondering if I get the yarn soon and really buckle down if I could have it done by the 7th when she is here. It took me about a week to do Lelah, so it might work.
In prep for that I plan on finishing MP by tomorrow. Then I have to review the pattern for it, cross my fingers and submit it. Really I could have it done tonight. But I plan on using nap time today to sew a bit. I really need some shirts. lol
Okay, so I went to the Tail Spinner on Friday or Saturday, don't remember which. Linda helped me with what to do with my Jaywalker mess. She suggested I use some DPNs and knit the sock back to the point it should have been, using the line made by the dd to count my rows. Turns out I had something like 7 rows unraveled. *sigh* Then I tried fixing it at like two in the morning because I couldn't sleep. Silly me. I gave up and went to bed at four. They're fixed now though! WOOT! That's more than enough blabbering out of me. And you all have had plenty of pretty pictures to fill up your eyes. lol Off to go sew! I'm wasting nap time!