Oct 23, 2006

My Blissful Chaos

Well, I have noticed that most (if not all) knitters are just walking disasters. I mean this in the nicest way possible. We (me too!) cannot seem to keep anything organized for more than ten minutes! Maybe we want to, and that's why we knit. It's so much easier to keep those stitches straight and orderly. My world has been immersed in chaos for as long as I can remember, the addition of children did nothing for my cause. lol

Needless to say, my house is always a bit of a mess. Things are put just anywhere without any real method to the madness. My husband is more of a neat freak than I, that's for sure. So, anything that is just mine (my crafts, yarn, sewing machine, etc) stays just the way it is, jumbled up and crazy! Last night, for some crazy reason, I decided I'd had enough! I sat down in front of my yarn basket, yarn bags, yarn bucket, and newly arrived yarn...my cleaning frenzy began! To begin I removed all accessories from the bucket, which included some finished projects, tissue paper, dyeing implements, and zippers. Next I dumped out my yarn bags and basket. All leftover/scrap yarn was put into the bucket for later use, all gross yarn that I'd probably never touch was put into a brown paper bag. I figure I can use it to teach Heather to knit. Finally I organized all of the yarns I'll be using for Christmas presents in the basket, so it is easily accessible as well as pretty to look at; and made sure to put yarn to all current projects in their appropriate bags. WHEW! I feel better.

slipper sockOf course, I'd feel even better than that if I would actually finish a project. Ugh. So, I became depressed last night when I realized (halfway through) that the stretchy cuff I had been knitting for the slipper socks, was done wrong! I was supposed to be using two strands, but had only been using one. *sigh* FROGGER....

To make myself feel better, I started a pair of socks for myself with that Regia Bamboo. It's lovely to work with! Although...kinda splitty, as was the bamboo I used for my Cheshire Kitty hat. Still, it's one of my favorite fibers to knit with. The night before I finished the swatch for my mom's socks, though I think I need to do Swatchmore stockinette, who knows. If my mom had given me her foot measurements I would have started those. Let me just say, KnitPicks Essential is an absolute joy to work with!! Lovely feel and drape, I feel obliged to make myself a pair of socks with it now. Except, well I just ordered some Lorna's Laces. lol More cheering myself up. Only one skein (more ankle socks? maybe some gloves?) because I don't like to spend too much until I know that it is worth the investment. Seeing as how we are kinda strapped for cash. Until I deposit my check that is.

Yes! I got paid for that contract knitting I was doing! Woohoo! She paid me more than I had thought. She gave me a strange feeling though. Let me explain. There was a note along with the check, and it said:

Thank you so much for doing such a "beautiful job"...I've got some big changes occurring in my life that I need to tell you about and I want to talk to you about your knitting too. The technical editor mentioned a couple of things...I just need to show you because it will help you with your personal knitting and for any other work you do for me.

Okay, I took that word for word out of the note. Obviously I left out some of the details. But that is what it said, quotation marks and all. Is that strange? Or is it just me? Why didn't she just call me if she needed to talk to me? My phone number is on the note, so she still has it. Dunno. Odd. Whatever, I got paid!

smirking nolan

Labels:

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts