Oct 13, 2006

Yarn = Yay!

Overdue Socktober-ing
  • When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
    I started making socks about five months ago. I taught myself with some help from Linda at The Tail Spinner. Just picked a pattern and followed the directions.
  • What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?
    socks fini2

    They were Pom Squads in purple Sassy Stripes from Cascade. I haven't uh...actually worn them out because I did the bind off too tightly. *sheepish grin*
  • What would you have done differently?
    Obviously the bind off
  • What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
    I love Knit Picks yarn, and Mama E's yarn. It's delicious. Going to try some Bamboo sock yarn from Regia. :)
  • Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
    It depends really. I like the DPNs for lacy patterns, or when it divides evenly, and the Magic Loop when I'm doing two at once. That is usually for simpler patterns. I don't crochet them or use two circs though.
  • Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
    Flap I think. My short rows always look lame to me.
  • How many pairs have you made?
    Hmm...3 for myself, 2 pairs of baby socks, and 1 pair for Jamie. So far, that's 5. I have 4 more in mind right now, 3 of which are Christmas presents.


Yarn+AhoyAlright, so...I got my KnitPicks yarn!! YAY! I tried to hook up my webcam to take a shot for you, but can't find the installation software. So, you get another lame camera phone picture. I'll describe the yarns to you:
Wool of the Andes in Fern, Avacado, and Fog
For Dad's Mancala board
Essential Sock yarn in Flint, and Gulfstream
For Aaron's Knucks and Mom's socks
Palette in Pool
For Aunt Marcie's slipper socks
Telemark in Pesto
For Justin's Knucks
Merino Style in Cinnamon
For my Knucks
And two sets of DPNs, size 0 (2mm) and 3(3.25mm)

This was all very exciting to me. Now I just can't wait to get that bamboo sock yarn!! OMG! I'll pee myself...maybe...not really. I might just cuddle it. lol

Matty's (or Daniel's) Knucks are OTN right now. I know what I'll put on Daniel's.
All♠ Aces. What do you think? Not sure on Matty's yet, or Justin's or Aaron's for that matter. Alright, off to go work on those some more.

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts