Jul 30, 2006

Lazy Days and Small Favors

First, I start with a thank you note.

Mama E has been just one of the most wonderful, helpful women in my blogging community! If they have an SP contest for the best hostess ... she would beyond have my vote! Yesterday was just ... not a good day for me. I was stressed due to our financial situation (I always am just before pay day), not to mention all the things that have and haven't been going on lately concerning the pregnancy. We'd been staying at the house trying to conserve gas, and my mommy-meter was way past "up-to-here". If you catch my drift. After a quick trip to the mall to just get out, I returned home to find a late mail surprise!! My yarn from Mama E had arrived...and what was this? A PIF gift! Some beautiful earrings. Thank you so much! My day was brightened significantly.

I've started plotting out my PIF gifts, though I won't be sending as many as Mama E, any little bit of effort will be appreciated I'm sure. Didn't I just witness that myself? Tomorrow I will steal (or create) a button to link to the map if you just wanna kinda look at it. Right now I should just get around to updating about my actual knitting progress.

There are pictures! Hurray! Oh, my zoom works on my cam now. Weird. I took a few of my knitpicks yarn, and the purple I dyed myself after winding into a ball myself. lol It was pretty easy actually, I just used my bedside lamp and a mostly empty pill bottle. It almost looks professional like that. Still can't wait for pay day to buy vinegar for dyeing!! hehehe The Beau that I got from Mama E is soooo tempting! I wanna wind into a ball and start swatching or SOMETHING! lol I have to be patient now though. So many projects and so little time.

I organized some of my things last night. Took the Thuja socks out and turned the heel on them today. No pics of that though. Got some of the back of my mom's top. Which has been put on hold. I figure I really need to start those booties. No telling when little Nolan will make his appearance. Justin is going to print out the pattern for those and for the Hedera socks tomorrow at work, assuming he remembers. As soon as the Thuja socks are finished, I will start Hedera!!! Finally some things to knit for me. Because you know those booties are really for me. lol

I finished the fat feet socks too! Kyran's socks in other words. Using the leftover yarn baby sock pattern I found, I just kinda modified it to fit Ky's big "flintstone" feet. They fit kinda perfectly too, except in the heel. Dunno how to fix that though. Guess I could ask Linda. Hobbes decided to model baby socks for me. hehehe I totally submitted that to Stuff On My Cat. We'll see what they think.

Sock hop Hobbes


The last thing I did was frog that silly "Feathers and Lace" top. It was annoying me sitting at the bottom of my sock bag. lol Now I can make some room for some other stuff over there on my progress side bar.

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts