Jul 7, 2006

Bring Knit On!

Yeah yeah...back to my silly post titles. :D

Anyway, I feel like I have so much to post about/show off! We'll just see how long and rambly this post gets. Muhahaha! Obviously I'm in a good mood, and that's probably because Pirates of the Carribean 2 is out tonight, and I have tickets!

In honor of the occasion, Johnny will be making a few cameo appearances. The first is on the cover of my new pattern organizer. Okay, so it's a binder with dividers and pockets. But Captain Jack is on it! I bought myself a hole puncher and organized my patterns. Looking at them all muddled in my small projects bag was starting to make me crazy. The inside pockets are holding all of my yarn labels, I'm very nutty about that. I keep just about ever single one, even though I use a lot of the same yarn. Like I've used Cascade 220 several times, and still have like 4 labels I keep around. *shrugs* I'm a packrat in the process of reform.

Okay, so that's my first big announcement. Second one is yarn! YAY! lol Now...the stupid gem yarn is making me nuts! I really want to start this top for my mom, but I have NO clue why the yarn won't work for me. *sigh* I don't want to, but I think I'm going to have to buy some new needles for it, because the Denise needles snag. So, tonight, I will have to make a quick stop at the Tail Spinner to get Linda's advice, before I do anything else. She's probably worked with it before, usually she samples things that she has in stock. Makes sense anyway.

Okay, so I have the gem yarn, but some KnitPicks yarn came in just yesterday. I got 3 skeins of Palette, in Apricot and two of Cream. I'm using the cream for dyeing since I'm too impatient to wait for the color your own yarn. It's currently soaking in vinegar and water. Earlier I dyed the Cascade for Jamie's Pedicure socks. It came out beautifully! Except the pink is too dark, but that's okay. Pictures will come, right now my house is in a bit of disarray due to just getting back from vacation. I've already decided to call it Italian Ice...because it makes me think of the Italian Flag and of course, the delicious dessert!!

I gave up totally on trying to make it self-striping, that would have made no sense since the Cascade was already in a hank. However, the Palette yarn needed to be wound, so that I decided would be a fun experiment. I needed a pattern though! What I ended up doing was settling on Hedera. Which I wanted to make anyway, hopefully it'll work out well, even though this is a lace pattern. I was trying to avoid using a lace pattern for the self-striping yarn, oh well. What I plan on doing is dyeing the whole she-bang purple first, then over-dyeing with my other two stripe colors. There's no way I'd fit three bowls in my poor little microwave! lol It already has trouble with just two. They'll also be the first socks I do one at a time on DPNs.

Since we are talking about socks, let's talk about the new Knitty! It is fraught with socks this issue. Not that this is a problem of any sort, they seem to be the obsession of most knitters at the moment. These patterns look so exciting! I'm especially attracted to Beaudelaire (I don't even think I spelled that right) and have already decided to tackle it in the near future. Mayhaps it shall be made of the very lovely Beauregarde...I mean the two seem to be made for each other. lol Or mabye that's all in my head. Mama E hasn't sent me a bill for the Beau yet, which leads me to believe she is extremely busy. (What?! A knitting mama busy?! Impossible!) That's okay, it'll get here when it gets here. We don't wanna discuss how busy I should be. The yarn is finally starting to pile up.

On the further topic of socks, the heels have been turned!! Yes, that's right, I turned the heel on those Jaywalkers myself! Currently I'm working on the guessets. It's all making me very happy, the directions were pretty simple. Generally, I like to make sure of what I'm doing by having it shown to me. This time I just kinda...watched the video on Knitting Help and then followed the directions. Of course, I'm still crossing my fingers because I was told the ankle was tight and all...but it was an accomplishment either way. Oh, and here is another cameo by Johnny, on my Pirates of the Carribean pillowcase. Also, you can see my cute little chibi Kyo doll that now hangs from my small projects bag. He goes with me now. (As an aside, Hobbes, my beloved kitty, also seems to like hanging out with me now, especially while I'm knitting socks.)

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts