Jun 29, 2006

It has Arrived!!

Okay, I didn't feel like putting anything witty as the title, I'm just too excited! My package from my Secret Pal came today!! My husband brought it into me and I could hardly contain myself.

I did keep my head about me enough to take pictures before I tore open the pretty wrapping. Now I sincerely wish that my zoom worked. There are so many things you can't see very well due to my non-zooming cam. Gah. But I will do my best to describe it to you all in detail.

If my camera had been equipped with smell-o-vision, you would be welcoming a lovely pepperminty scent into your home along with these pictures. lol Actually, I could smell it before I opened it up. The card was adorable, it had an old Addams family cartoon thing on the front which said "We won't be late, Miss Weems. Get the children to bed around eight, and keep your back to the wall at all times." That is so my family. Even though my sitters swear the kids are fantastic. Crazy people.

The gifts were even better! First there was a bar of lavendar soap. Then I unwrapped a gorgeous ball of Bamboo yarn in shades of rich purple. Which is absolutely perfect! I haven't gotten around to making anything with bamboo for awhile and I can't wait to find a use for it. I was actually considering making that basket from knitty before I got this, now I have an excuse. hehehe

The next little present just blew my mind! Kinda glad I had saved it for last, must have been a subconcious thing. There was an adorable cow pattern accessory pouch, which is perfect because right now I'm just using a ziploc bag. Upon opening it...more surprises!! Inside was a cow tape measure, some stitch markers with little cows on them (where she found them I'll never know, but they are beyond fantastic), some Burt's Bees peppermint soap (ah ha! there's the culprit), and Burt's Bees orange face wash type stuff. Can't forget the chocolate, it was unfortunately melted, but still looks yummy.

Okay, I have to expand upon the cow tape measure for a minute. Okay, so it's just like other tape measures, a little square with a pull-out tape. But you see, it's a COW! The tape, is it's tail, there's even a little tuft of "hair" on the end of it. I tried to extend it so you could see in the picture, but again...no zoom. :( Maybe if I find a better camera I'll take more pictures. Then I can show off the stitch markers too, because they definitely are like fuzzy blobs in the pictures. I think maybe my mom has a digital camera I can use while I'm in Maryland.

Alright, one last shot before I go. I finished MP, btw, I just need to bind off, weave in ends, that sort of thing. Then I can start the swatch for my mom's top. I'll take pictures of that too.

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts