Jul 19, 2006

Babies are Cute

It's true. I love babies, though I'm not happy about being pregnant or having to spend the next twenty years (probably more) of my life dedicated to the little critters, they are fantastic when they're little. Mostly, I think it's one of the things I was just born with a natural talent for. With eight weeks left of pregnancy, we are beginning the process of preparing the house for an extra resident.

Today we bought paint for the boys' bedroom, and all of the accessories needed to paint. Justin should clear out the room this week. I think I'll wait until Heather starts preschool (August 1st!) to actually begin painting. But I can always clean the walls and things for now. Gotta find some stencils of baseballs, mitts, etc for the room too. I really want my dad to come stay with us for about a week during August to help out. I want to put some shelves and things up in there too, he would really be handy to have around. We can finally begin to move Kyran's clothes (which have been occupying a plastic tub in both our bedroom and the living room, not to mention some space in my closet) into the closet in that room. It'll be nice to free up some of that space. Especially since my stash seems to be growing and taking over my bedroom! I'll take pictures of the room when it's all done. The room the kids are in now was an adventure in art that I don't really want to take again! Though it looks cute, as you can see.

Okay, so we all know I need to focus and get that top done for my mom. Seeing as how it should have been done this past weekend. But I'm procrastinating again, which I'm just fantastic at! I made a baby sock. It just kinda flies off the needles! Even though the pattern was written for two circs (which makes adapting to one long one super easy) I did it on some DPNs. Just for the heck of it. Though it was annoying to shift the stitches all over, the sock was fun. I was mad at the stitches I picked up for the gusset. They were pretty loose, guess I just have to watch my slipped stitches next time around. When I knit some for Kyran (which I plan on doing) I will have to seriously adjust the pattern, I will have to actually swatch for it. He's got some chubby little flintstone feet. That's Kyo modelling the sock for me...I tried to find Hobbes to torture (hey then he could be on Stuff on my Cat!) but he wasn't here. Ironically he showed up at the back door mere minutes after I took the picture. I was happy with it though and decided to leave him alone.

My mom's top is sitting next to me...I swear I'm working on it. After I finish the current row I'm working on I'm going to start the shaping for the armholes and whatnot. Tonight is Nightmares & Dreamscapes!! Woot! Since Justin has a night flight I'll be knitting to TV most of tonight. Hopefully I get the back done.

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts