Jan 27, 2007

What? Still Alive?

****PICTURE HEAVY POST****
spinning wheels2 first yarn spinning wheels


Yep, I know some of you think I might have just thrown myself off a cliff. I assure you I'm still here. Not only that, I'm not the least bit worried about the socks. So spinning preludelittle so, in fact, that I've been lolly-gagging these past two days. Okay, not lolly-gagging exactly. I had my first spinning classes!

Yessir! It was FANTASTIC! I now definitely need a wheel. I'll get the feel of a few different ones first, but I will have one. Mark my words. Firstly, my LYS owner told me that I could knit something for her to make up the $25 that mom's gift certificate didn't cover. Heck, she may owe me at the end of it all. What a lovely idea.... So, my first day was spent learning to card and draft and use a drop first yarn2spindle. I just can't get the hang of that thing at all. I had to leave early though, because it was Heather's birthday and we were taking a cake to her school for a mini-party. Heather was elated. It was a great day all in all.

Today I got to spin on the wheel! I tried out different wheels (the one I used was a Kromski Prelude, though I'm probably going to buy something else), different fibers, different techniques. Linda showed us Navajo plying, how to use a drum carder...oh it was a wonderful day! And I came home with two little skeins of yarn! Right now they are hanging in the bathroom drying, and I may not make anything with my first yarn, just keep it around for sentiment. The second one has purple in it, you know purple yarn2that'll be something. Even if I decide to felt it because it doesn't look perfect, it has a purpose. Now I really, really want one of those Sheep to Shoe Kits that Kristi has, even if I can't spin it yet. It'll be a nice thing to have and hope for. Before I buy a wheel I think I'll try out the different ones, spin on them, get a feel for them, consider my options...you know, make an informed decision.

I just don't know what else to say. Very exciting weekend. Bare minimum of work got done on the socks. Still, as I said, I have faith in myself.

PeekaBaby


Just because I've already saturated this post with pics and I'm proud of ALL the things I make. Including the babies. ;)

Labels: , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts