Mar 26, 2007

Monday, Which was Never Good Anyway

thelonious lace panelActually, it is a good Monday so far. The weekend wasn't great. Had some stressful and unhappy things happen. Some of which were my fault. None of which I feel like talking about really. So I'll sum it up for you.
Friday: got new glasses, waited for Mr. Shad to come back from Hampstead and went to knitting shop
Saturday: took kids to park (hot), waited at tattoo shop, argued with Mr. Shad at Wal-mart, waited at tattoo shop more, did NOT go to knitting shop, wound Poison Nr. 5 into a ball by hand (hmmm 520yds by hand? bad idea)
Sunday: cast-on Thelonious, realized Mr. Shad had taken camera to work with him!

Well, there is obviously more, but these things are all I'm really covering at the moment. We've been working on my tattoo design but so far it's just not working for thelonious leg 2me. I have to be really happy with it, I mean, it's going to be on my body forever. Gotta take some pics of Justin's tats to share with you guys. This time I'll remember to take my cam with me, they totally lost the pics they took. lol Thelonious has made some serious headway, I've already started the heel flap. I don't know if it was the quiet day yesterday, the yarn, or the pattern; I just can't put it down. Speaking of the pattern, seriously, click on the picture and take a peek at that chart. Trust me, you won't be able to read it, I can't even read it. lol I mean not when it's printed out, it had to be on the screen. My printer didn't print that page out correctly, and it's SUPER tiny. I need a magnifying glass.

Today is exciting though because of the mail!! My PRGE package came prge gift in bottle 2today! It's awesome. Mr. Shad walks through the door with an armload of mail and says "Well this is a new one...." and tossed me a 2 liter soda bottle. Yep, it was stuffed with gifts! Ah the cleverness of Una! I of course took pictures and then went about opening the package, er cutting the bottle open. Had to be careful though as I didn't want to damage any of the goodies. :) The bottle contained EZ's Knitter's Almanac (YAY!), Ruby Sapphire superwash sock yarn in Trudi, Caramel filled Hershey's kisses, some cute mini-nail files (which got hidden in the picture), awesome stitch markers, a keychain, a pencil topper and sunflower seeds. :) My garden will be pretty this year.

prge package 3 Trudi 2 stitch markers prge package 1


Even the little card was cute! And the ribbon was all turquoisey and brown, penguin knittingwhich I have a thing for right now. Everything in the package was great! There is 550yds of the sock yarn, that's enough for some knee-higs for me! I can't manage to get a good pic of the yarn, it's all dark tealy and lavender like. It's very pretty. Kyran has already claimed the pencil topper, he's walking around with it on his finger. hehe My CafePress.com order came in today too! All you see today will be the penguin magnet, I didn't want to overload you guys on pics. Isn't he cute?

**** Oh I'm a dolt****

I forgot to mention that I finished my Endpaper Mitts. Around Thursday evening I belive? But I didn't want to write up another post and then other things got in the way of my posting until now. Got them done in time for the last stretch of Project Spectrum.

Endpaper Beauty

Labels: , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts