Mar 13, 2007

Wow

It's amazing the response that I received to my last post. Many of you really understood what I was saying. Although I didn't actually cry, there were quite a few times that I felt overwhelmed and emotional. Thank you. :) Today I have tons of pictures for you all.

Gettin a DrinkFirst, something beautiful. There really are not a lot of pictures of Nolan. Any of you have more than one kid? Then you know how it is. The first baby you spend roll after roll of film on, the second child, you get a video camera. So you have tape after tape of the kids together, and a few scattered pictures of Baby #2. By the time you get to Baby #3, you don't even remember where the camera is. Or you are too busy taking pictures of yarn. *guilty grin* He is quite stunning, and always smiling. It boggles my brain how happy he is, I can't wrap my head around the idea. I've never seen anyone so happy in my whole life. He fell asleep in a little corner between a pile of clothes and the fireplace the other day. After just looking for a bit (it was kinda cute) I berated Mr. Shad (Hey, everyone else gets a cute name for hubby! Why not me?) about leaving him there. Nolan smiled at me even after I woke him up to move him to the crib.

knitting disaster 3Next, a disaster. Which would be my house. To make it worse, my knitting paraphenalia is all over the place. Even after hubby made me my lovely workshop in the garage, it seems my kniting still makes it's way into my bedroom. Oh well. I was inspired by Lana's post to share with you the disaster that is my knitting. Yes, I'm disorganized. Except for in my own head. lol I've labeled each of the pictures in Flickr if you can't figure out where the knitting content is (or what it is). Just so you know, I did not move anything for your benefit. Everything was right where I left it before stealing having this idea. I did open my purse to snap a shot of the inside, but that's all. Not even all of the pictures are here either. How horrible is that?

You'll notice in one picture that my Endpaper Mitts are STILL in progress. Let me knitting disaster 2tell you why. See, I received the replacement needles quite some time ago. But I wanted to finish the Monkey socks first. So, after finishing the socks, I worked on the sweater for my LYS owner a bit then switched back to the mitts. At the time I had ripped it back to only 5 rows of the first 10 row repeat. I spent most of the day knitting on them, and remembering why I had loved them so much in the first place. Sometime that evening (about 2/3 of the way into the palm) we had a bit of an accident. I'm beginning to think that the "knitting gods" don't want me to finish this project. You see, I bought a set of Brittany needles size 2.5mm because Kyran had broken one of my Addi 2.5s, leaving only 4. Which is still enough for a sock. Well, the Endpaper Mitts needed 5 needles, and Addis are expensive. Then I broke two of the Brittany needles, no big, just use the Addis. Nope, throws off the gauge! Fine knitting disaster 4then, order replacements from Brittany. They send 3 needles when they replace them. Which gives me an extra needle (5-2+3=6), so I didn't throw a hissy fit when Heather snapped one Saturday evening. However, when Kyran stepped on the entire project and consequently broke one needle, I could have screamed! So I put him in his room to avoid actually yelling at him for something that, really, isn't his fault at all.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts