Feb 14, 2007

Let's Celebrate...

oh eddy 2Valentine's Day with gratuitous Johnny Depp love! Okay, well, actually, it's just a t-shirt. But it's my favorite, the fit is fantastic, plus I like the way the neckline is a bit wide, making it almost off-shoulder. Not quite though. So I did a mini photo shoot with the shirt on. (talk about boredom) Oh, and I'm so in love.

Actually, I don't feel much like knitting right now. I was so excited about my projects and all, then I suddenly hit a knitting rut. There is something wrong (okay, it's probably just me) with every project! Here are the problems I'm dealing with, please help convince me that this is all in my head (or not a big deal)!Endpaper Disappointment

  • Endpaper Mitts - I started the second mitt, got 1 rep of the pattern done, and then broke two needles! Not actually sure how they got broken, anyway, I replaced the broken needles with two of my Addi 2.5mm DPNs...now the mitt isn't snug enough! The Addis are just slightly larger than my Brittanys. It's ridiculous. Crazy I tell you.
  • Wicked - There are several uneven stitches, which I guess aren't really noticeable to non-knitters, especially on the right side. To me though, I see these HUGE gaping holes and obviously larger stitches. Please...explain to me how silly that is. Especially since I'm so far.
  • I Dreamed of Africa socks - I have no clue what my hold up is here. Except maybe it's a bit tough to tug them on...and the stupid bowknot stitch makes me want to scream every time I can't pull it off properly. Which is at least twice each time.


Ahem.... Oh yeah! I got the yarn for my second pair of Endpaper mitts in yesterday EP mitt yarn(or the day before). It's awesome, I really like Knitpicks Palette and the colors are beautiful. Obviously, my slight current disappointment isn't at all quashing my general love for this pattern. I'll just have to get some more needles. lol I think I might go down another needle size though, since Palette tends to be a bit fatter than regular sock yarns. It was the yarn I used for my Hederas and I used 2.25mms for those. The picture of this yarn came out beautifully, I was really excited. The colors match one of my hoodies too. So what do you guys think? Which color should be the main color? Or should I make reverse mittys like I had wanted to originally?

Yeah, that's all for now. Think I'll go work on those socks...or Wicked. I don't know.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts