Jan 30, 2007

Ambition

So, I have decided a few things for myself over the next few months, knitting related of course.

First, I plan on making a pair socks a month and a sweater for every two month period, that would be one for every ProjSpec color group. It's my "Sock-a-Sweater-Two Me" deal. lol (look it took at least half an hour to come up with that, laugh) No, there's no official KAL, I just wanted to make a deal with myself, since the KFYS thing didn't go so well. ;) Second, I want to try as many new things as I can. So far on the list are:

  • Entrelac
  • Fair-isle
  • Steeking
  • Intarsia
  • Raglans
  • Ganseys
  • Lace Shawls
  • Shadow knitting
  • Argyle (which is really intarsia)
  • Spinning
  • Needle Felting


I'm also participating in a lot of things this year. As many as I can anyway. Right now, it's the Alpaca-along, Project Spectrum, Sock Swap, Manly KAL, and the Green Sock KAL. My plans are to join the Punk Rock Gift Exchange and maybe some other KALs throughout the year. Also, I plan on designing my own sock pattern and offering the pattern free through a KAL. That won't be until August-September time frame though. Oh, and figuring out that damned sweater from Craftster, the one that was designed to reflect the spine and whatnot. Yes, there's a link to it over on the sidebar somewhere. I will make this sweater this year. I'm thinking Bollicine Dolly, but I may go with Cascade 220 for financial reasons. UGH! I have to knit Wicked, such a simple pattern. Yet, every time I see it I fall in love with it. Maybe I can fudge something similar...I'm having a hard time paying $6.50 for the pattern. Okay, I just bought the pattern, in a moment of weakness I checked our bank account and remembered I gave him a $40 check to deposit from some bonds or something I had. I only spent like 15 of that...so another 6.50 won't hurt. It seems like only a bit, but really, it's about the cost of a ball of Cascade 220. I even know what color I want to make it in. That settles it.

On the spinning front, I will practice with my drop spindle until I figure out which wheel I want. That way I can still be spinning even without my wheel. I hate the drop spindle, but it's better than not spinning.

Labels: , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts