Feb 11, 2007

Now You're Even Older

busy kyranWell, today was Kyran's birthday. He's two years old today. This picture is actually from the first, I thought it was funny that he happened to be wearing a blue and grey shirt. lol None of the pics came out very clear though, he wouldn't stop moving. Once upon a time, he was this chubby little critter that cried continuously. Now he is a big, active boy, and he still cries when he's cranky. I wouldn't trade the world for him, even though at one time I was sure that the beginning of his life meant the end of mine. Just look at him. :) Happy birthday baby bugga!

cryin kyran2 buddha2 BigGrin2 FoodFace5


Not much knitting was actually done this weekend. My parents were in town, Justin had to work on Friday, and I was just so tired. I did take my dad into my LYS, he really was fascinated by it all. He usually is, it amazes him that people just seem to fall in love with certain hobbies and crafts and how proficient they become. He likes to know how things are created, what's happening, why it works the way it does...so I showed him the spinning wheels, and the drop spindles, the hand carders, the drum carder, needle felting, different fibers, etc. It was really a lot of fun to show him around, he has a way of making a person feel incredibly talented just because they can do something he can't.

Anyways, I did finish my first I Dreamed of Africa sock (pattern by my good blogging buddy Ann-marie), which I didn't even realize I'd been making much progress on. A few things I did differently though:

Africa Sock one1) I did a gusset and heel flap instead of a short row heel
2) I patterned the foot of the sock
3) I did the pattern across 60 sts instead of 59.
rows 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9: *sl5 wyif, k5* rep til end
rows 2, 4, 6, and 8: k around
row 10: K2, bowknot st, *k9, bowknot st,* rep from * to * until last 7 sts, k7

rows 11, 13, 15, 17, and 19: *k5, sl5 wyif* rep til end
rows 12, 14, 16, and 18: k around
row 20: K7, bowknot st, *k9, bowknot st*, rep from * to * until last 2 sts, k2

Now, I patterned the foot so I'd know exactly how many I did for the second sock, it's important to me to make them identical. I'm so crazy. The gusset and heel flap Bows to the toes 2is a personal preferance, I have high arches and the short row heels don't fit me as well. That and I just don't like the way my short row heels look. It takes a bit of tugging to get the sock on though, due mostly to my high arches, and if you have a wide foot, you may want to think about going up a needle size or two. Otherwise this is a really cute pattern! It works great with longish color repeats or self striping socks yarns. Though, I wouldn't really recommend it for solid colors or fair-isle/self-patterning sock yarns. My LYS owner has a similar pair worked up in self-patterning yarn, it doesn't really make the bows pop. I really like this pic of the sock almost finished, I don't know why though.

Also made a couple more inches on Wicked, it's up to 8 past the underarms now. Which makes it about...4-5 inches from being done. Depending on how long I want to make it. I have been thinking for making it a bit longer than the pattern calls for.

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts