Feb 1, 2007
Why does that look like it's spelled wrong? Oh well, let's not dwell on it.
This morning I spent enjoying the quiet morning light, with the pitter-pat of sleet (yes, I know the difference between sleet and hail, unfortunately) on the siding. It was a good morning and I revisited the Endpaper Mitts. My dear mitties, how wrong I was to ignore you! Currently, three of my WIPs fall under that "perfect yarn + perfect pattern" category I posted about previously; they are my Wicked sweater, the Endpaper Mitts, and the grey raglan. I can remember how I longingly stared at the lonely cuff of my first mitt and couldn't wait to get back to work on them while I knitted with dedication on the Hedera socks. Before I could get back to them though, there came my "involvement" with Wicked. What a sin I have commited for leaving the mitt out in my freezing cold garage!
Woops...sorry got carried away. Anyways, I decided it was time to prioritize. The Wicked SKC KAL ends in February, so that needs to be done by the end of Feb; however the Endpaper Mitts can be knit throughout the next two months. To reach my goal of Sock-A-Sweater-Two Me, I went through the patterns and gauged approximately how much progress I should make per sock, per day to complete them in a timely manner. With these things in mind, I made a list of how much I needed to knit on my projects every day. If I want to do more, that's more than fine, but I need to get at least the following done for the months of Feb and March:
- Wicked - knit 1" every day
- Endpaper Mitts - knit 5 rows (or half patt rep) every other day
- I Dream of Africa socks - knit 1 full rep stitch patt (20 rows!) every day in Feb
- Monkey socks - knit 1 rep lace patt every day in March
Any free time I come up with I can work on any of the other projects I have designated for this first color triad, but those are the main projects I'd like to complete by the end of March. I joined another KAL, Fair Isle February, to encourage my progress on the Endpaper Mitts. For some fun I stole this meme from Rhonda.
1. I've been hooked on the needles since: I taught myself to knit in December 2005, but didn't get really into it until March. So, I've decided to make March 16th my knitversary (first day I went to The Tail Spinner)
2. I'm still a virgin, but not for long: steeking and intarsia
3. She's crafty - she gets around...to : knitting, sewing, and drawing
She's crafty - she's always down...for: reading, watching anime, and learning
She's crafty - she's got a gripe...about : gossip. I hate it. I'm sick of American Idol, and Celebrity news and all that blah blah blah.
She's crafty - and she's just my type. What type of knitter are you? I'm a right-handed (English) sock-knitter who loves her DPNs and knitting in the round. Anything without seams baby!
4. I'm dying to try: Aurora Karabella 8, Bollicine Dolly, Cherry Tree Hill, Yarn Pirate, Koigu
5. I gravitate towards colors like: Purples, browns, teals/blues, greys, and greens.
6. My most cherished possession (kids, pets, family don't count) is: my cute office space Justin put together for me. It's like I really have something all my own. Also, my necklace and wedding rings. Once I lost the ring, in the mall bathroom and Justin went trash-diving to get it for me. That's love baby.
7. I'm stuck on an island, what am I reading? King or Koontz
8. If I were about to be executed and I was offered a last meal , I'd be dining on: Steak, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and ENDLESS dinner rolls!
9. Music to knit by: hmm...Muse. btw Under the Tuscan Sun is a great movie to knit to, just a thought.
10. I have a crush on: (other than Johnny) Matthew Lillard
11. Least favorite celeb: Keanu Reeves
Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp? Johnny Depp, did you have to ask this, seriously?
Madonna or Janet Jackson? Madonna
June Cleaver or Peg Bundy? June
Jackie or Marilyn? Marilyn
Love or Money? Love
Brains or Looks? Brains
Math or English? English, unless we're talking Algebra, I'm all for that.
Cat or Dog? Cat (duh)
Leader or follower? Leader, I'm a control freak sometimes. But I know how to play follow the leader well enough.
Beer or Champagne? Neither, I'd prefer vodka and cranberry juice :)
13. My favorite smell? Kyran's hair
14. Not many people know this about me: Both of my parents are lefties, but my brother and I are both righties. My husband and 3 of my former boyfriends are lefties. So far, Heather is a righty, Ky is still at that "ambidextrous" stage, and well Nolan is just too little.
15. My hidden talent is: hidden so I don't know about it? lol I'm kidding. Most of my talents are pretty obvious. My mom can talk like Donald Duck and touch her nose with her tongue, my brother can do that flower thing with his tongue and make his eyebrows dance, my dad can coo like a dove...I guess mine is I can put my foot in my mouth. Literally. It's just a gross idea.
Labels: KAL, lists/surveys, memes/blogthings, planning, rambling