Feb 23, 2007

PRGE Questionnaire

1. How long have you been knitting/crocheting/spinning? I've been knitting for a year on March 16! So, not that long.

2. Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice or experienced yarn artist? I consider myself experimental. As in, I can knit anything I want as long as I try. But I am by no means an expert.

3. What fibers (materials) have you knit/crochet with? Hm, I've used wool, alpaca, soysilk, bamboo, cotton, novelty yarns...fakey acrylic yarns, blends

4. What are your favorite yarns? My favorite yarns (brands) Cascade 220, Mama-E's C*eye*ber Fiber, and Classic Elite Bamboo. My favorite fibers are alpaca, bamboo, and wool blends.

5. What fibers are you dying to try? I want to try hemp, linen, and angora. Yarns I'm dying to try are Koigu, Malabrigo, and Tofutsies.

6. Do you prefer solid, self striping, or handpainted yarns? Handpainted. But really, I love it all.

7. What fibers do you dislike? It's more about yarns I dislike than fibers. I mean, I don't really like acrylic...but I use it sometimes. I hate Lion Brand Homespun, Red Heart Supersaver, Fortissima Socka, Berroco Gem (and other slippery ribbon yarns), Lopi, and not really into novelty yarns.

8. What are your favorite colors? I hate to be redundant, but purple. lol Also, grey, blues/teals, brown, and green.

9. What are your least favorite colors? Yellow, orange, and white. Though I don't mind them when they are complimented well enough.

10. How did you learn to knit/crochet/spin? Taught myself to knit with a book I got on sale for $5. My LYS owner taught/is teaching me to spin.

11. What projects are you currently working on? There is always a list on my sidebar, but I'm working on a Slouchy hat, Endpaper Mitts, a sweater from Knittig Pure & Simple, and a pair of socks.

12. How old is your oldest UFO? What is it? Will it ever be finished? Currently, the Baccarat (or however you spell that) Player, affectionately referred to as "mom's top". Obviously for my mother. I hope to finish it for her birthday in July.

13. What is the most heartbreaking project that you ever frogged? That would be my husband's Thuja socks. My first FO for the year! I had them about to the part where I was going to do the toes and realized there wasn't enough yarn. So I ripped them out completely and started a toe-up version.

14. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars and DPNs. I love DPNs, seriously. Circulars are so versatile, and harder to lose too. A problem I frequently have.

15. Do you own a swift and/or a winder? I own a swift! Yay! But no ball winder yet. Am I backwards or what?

16. Where do you keep your needles? In my needle udder! Right now I have plans on a DPN/circ case for all my sock needles. Gotta have some place safe in my purse to put them.

17. Do you enjoy helpful hints about your knitting or does it just piss you off? I love it! As long as it's tactful. Something like, "You're doing that all wrong!" doesn't go over well. But most of you are nice, so I haven't had that problem.

18. What techniques are you still a virgin in (lace, cables, ect.) and are you interested in trying them? Intarsia, steeking, Ganseys, lace shawl, shadow knitting...and I'm sure there is more but my mind is blank. I'll update it if I can think of it

19. What knitting magazines do you subscribe to? I just subscribed to Interweave Knits...still waiting for my first issue. :)

20. Are there any books, needles, yarn, patterns that you are dying to get your hands on? I'd like some EZ books, this pattern, or the Kitri sock kit, Fiesta Yarns La Luz Multi in Taos (acutally Watermark would be fine too...anything but the Rayon Boucle)

21. Do you enjoy knitting socks? How big are your feet? I *heart* knitting socks!! My feet are 8" around at the ball of the foot, 9" around the arch, and 9.75" from heel to toe. I wear a size 8 shoe, but always knit the smallest size sock as my feet are narrow. Usually my sock is about 9-9.5" long...a little bit of negative ease.

22. Do you have a wish list? Amazon.com, search my email addy. I guess I'll link you.
General wish list
Knitting wish list
Anime wish list


23. What are your non-knitting, crochet, spinning hobbies? I read, watch anime, sew, draw, and Renfest! (okay so Renfest isn't a hobby, but I love it)

24. How do you feel about sports? Uh...it's nice to watch other people do them. We're baseball fans, hubby is a Red Sox fan. Me, I just like baseball. No football at all.

25. What is your favorite season? Least favorite season? Why? Spring. It's encouraging. More colors...and I don't have to be cold all of the time.

26. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, because it just feels so homey. I love to give someone a gift that they really, really love. It's awesome.

27. Do you like handmade gifts? Of course! I'd be silly not to.

28. Do you wear jewelry that isn't real? Sure? I mean, I don't really wear a lot of jewelry. Unless you count forgetting that I'm wearing a row counter on a string around my neck....

29. What are your favorite foods? Scents that you love? I could go on and on about food. I'm a junk food junkie. I don't really like salt though, so no chips really. Mostly cake, cookies, brownies, candies, peanut butter, pizza. I also love steak. :D And mashed potatoes. Potatoes of all sorts really. lol

Scents I love are chocolate, lavender, vanilla, honey, cinnamon, and baking bread. Okay, so maybe the last one isn't one you'd actually find anywhere, but I still love it.


30. What is your family situation? Do you live alone? Situation is a good word for it. lol I am married and have three children ages 4, 2, and 6 months.

31. Do you have any pets? Not currently.

32. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3's? Music? I love music. Seriously, I don't think I could list all of it right here, right now. My favorite bands include: Sugarcult, Kenna, Muse, Ramones, FallOut Boy, Social Distortion, Everclear, Offspring, and Green Day. There are tons more though. I assure you. Check out my myspace if you want some more. Oh, and yes, my computer plays MP3s, we have a radio that we can plug the Ipod into...it's hubby's and I don't really know how to use it! lol

33. What are your favorite movies? TV shows? Actors?

  • Movies: Princess Bride, Edward Scissorhands, Cry-Baby, Sleeping Beauty, Pirates of the Carribean, (noticing a trend yet?), Love Actually, Shall We Dance (original Japanese version), Better off Dead, High Fidelity, Empire Records, Mulan, SLC Punk...that'll do for now
  • Anime: Loveless, Paradise Kiss, Princess Ai, Midori No Hibi (or Midori Days in America), Bleach, and Fruits Basket...I prefer subtitles to dubbed.
  • Tv Shows: Dexter, Law & Order (and SVU, but no CI), Forensic Files, Weeds, Heroes, Psych, Crossing Jordan, Cold Case Files, Nip/Tuck
  • Actors: (much harder) Anthony Hopkins, Johnny Depp, Matthew Lillard, John Cusack, Julia Roberts, Halle Berry (except when she played Catwoman, that upset me), Kathy Bates, and Gwyneth Paltrow.
  • Authors: Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Anne Rice, Laurell K. Hamilton


34. What do you collect? Cows and Cheshire cat stuff. Oh, and buttons for my purse. Right now there is a Cheshire one, 3 knitting related ones, and a Fruits Basket button.

35. What do you do in real life -- besides knit and blog? I'm a SAHM, so I take care of the kids. Occasionally go hang out with friends...um...yeah. My life is not an exciting one.

36. When is your birthday? Is it a national holiday or just another day? December 9th. My husband wanted to think it was on the 7th...you know the day Pearl Harbor was bombed. Nice, huh?

37. Do you have any allergies, medical conditions or disorders that your pal should be aware of (ie. diabetes, food/pet allergies, ect.)? I'm allergic to rodents and Ajax. Also, walnuts and apples, but I eat them anyway so it's not like a life or death situation. Seasonal allergies too...yay pollen! lol Um, other than that I think I'm fine.

38. Are there any scents, phobias, or sensory thing (ie, the way certain objects feel) that your pal should be aware of? Good question. Snakes. Badly. Sensory things...I don't like sticky things. Like syrup, candy covered apples, those weird sticky hands kids get.

39. What is the most difficult thing that you have ever knit/crochet? Hm...the Harley Quinn/entrelac socks? Just because it was a new technique I suppose. Really, I don't think most of the things I knit are that difficult.

40. What is your personal style? Is there a time period/fashion movement that you take your cues from? I'm ecclectic. It's all mood based. I love the Renaissance, and the 20s, the 50s, the 60s, and 80s. Hm...yeah, I'm weird. I love bell sleeves, flared pants, bright colors, subdued colors, layering, legwarmers, socks!!, circle skirts, peasant tops, plaid...I have this crazy punk, goth, diva thing going on. lol My fashion sense used to be a lot more outrageous than this. I've chilled out a lot.

41. Anything else that you would like to say? Well that was open ended. Hm...I've got very unique taste. I'm from Maryland and excessively proud of the fact. My boys are my stars, my daughter is just like me at her age. I love to go dancing and drinking with my friends. I love a challenge (in knitting). Slight OCD...very slight. Usually only in conjunction with Oreo cookies. Very open/honest. Ask and I will answer.

That enough? I hope so.

Labels: , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts