Feb 21, 2007

A Couple of Couches, Sleep on the Loveseat*

Wicked Complete 2Yeah, I made my hubby sleep on the couch so that I could block Wicked. lol I had it pinned down to his side of the bed. hehe It was SO worth it though. Although I was really worried that I might give the sweater too much width, I didn't. I could actually wear it without the shirt underneath, it just looks better that way I think. Not to mention it's very Project Spectrum-y. Don't mind the picture, I threw all of that on specifically for this photo shoot and then took it ALL back off. I did leave my hair up though.

So, yesterday we were dealing with some technical difficulties. LYS projectMainly our wireless internet wasn't working. Now, don't ask me why I didn't think of just...plugging it in. At any rate, I was without internet all day yesterday. Which gave me plenty of time to knit. I swatched for the sweater I'll be knitting for my LYS, I turned the heel and completed the gusset decreases on the I Dreamed of Africa socks, and made one of the foot thongs for my best friend. Can I just say that I got gauge the first time? This is only the second time EVER that this has happened.

Now, I altered the pattern a bit, picking up stitches, using a lighter weight yarn, and I didn't do the I-cord for the tie. The reason for that though was because I couldn't (for some reason) get a 2 stitch I-cord to work right for me. For now I just have two pieces of yarn twisted together. When I modelled it I also tied it up Foot Thong 3differently because it was a bit too big for my foot. Admittedly, I'm kinda smitten with this thing. It's ultra-cute. Too bad it's entirely impractical for me. My best friend is a lifegaurd, who lives in Florida...by the beach. I never get to the beach, hate things around my toes (still can't stand flip flops), and rarely wear sandals. Oh yeah, do yourself a favor and get OTHER people to take pictures like this. We're not even gonna get into what I had to go through to get this picture. lol This was super simple to make though, I did the entire thing (including frogging several times to acheive my desired effect) while watching The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Maybe I'll make a pair for myself with the leftovers...or maybe some bookmarks. Way more practical for me.

*Anyone ever notice that I like to use lyrics for my post titles? I'm just sayin....

Labels: , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts