Apr 2, 2007

Tattoo Meme

After reading Flint Knits tattoo post, and the background post from Scout, I have decided to share some more about my own ink.(I know Spirals is going to get some more, she'll have to post about it next!)

My very first tattoo I got on my birthday. It actually had been a design tattoo and originalI was kicking around for awhile. So long in fact, that I was pregnant with Heather when I first designed it, and got it after Kyran was born! I wanted something small and personal. Something that I would never regret. So I got my initials, now, since I believe it to be somewhat bad juju to tattoo anyone else's name on your body (they were my married initials, making one of them not my own name)...I made sure that they represented something else I love. Cats! Tada! Well, that's all the story behind that one. Except maybe for the part where I found out I was pregnant with Nolan like a month later. *sigh* Good place for a tattoo huh?

Anyways, on to the second one. A little more meaning behind this one. March 29th was the three year anniversary of my cousin's death. He was only two years older than my husband is now, and he died in a motorcycle accident. That was a very tough time in phoenix2my life, I was newly married and struggling to be a good mother at 19. The last time I had talked to my cousin we were joking, he was always joking. I used to be very close to these cousins of mine, three brothers (Matthew, Mark, and John for those of you interested), we all used to play together and then drifted apart with time. That happens, and you think you'll always have time to get together later. It just doesn't happen that way. It was hard to see how it affected my mother, she had practically raised him and considered him a baby brother. Not one of his brothers nor any of my other family members has stopped riding, if anything we are all still proud to ride.

This tattoo represents family, and time. You never know when it is up, so use it while you can. Do not put off for tomorrow what you can do today. And all of that. Thinking about losing him still hurts, the tattoo makes me feel closer. The placement was actually significant also. It may be behind me, but he is never far from my thoughts. The tattoo is of a Phoenix, that my cousin designed himself. An interesting coincidence, wouldn't you agree?

(Oh, and I haven't forgotten about the wheel. She's still in progress)

Labels: , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts