Sep 21, 2007

What's a Girl To Do?

When everything is hectic, and your life feels like it is falling apart....it's time for retail and craft therapy! Yes, even though my finances are ridiculous (oh, we're not even going there), I have been indulging a bit.

magnum 005Actually, before I really knew how bad the situation was, I purchased some Cascade Magnum from a fellow Raveler (who seems to have no blog but is cool nonetheless). My eyes were on the Skating Sweater from Big City Knits, and she had exactly the number of skeins I would need in exactly the color I love. It was meant to be. That, and she was offering it for an incredible price. Trust me, I priced many alternatives from different sources and this was the best one. Especially considering it is marked as $26 on the tag! But I won't tell you what I stole bought it for. Don't you love how honkin huge this thing is?! When I got it I was pleased and amused. Those are some serious skeins...no wonder they call it Magnum. :D

The catalyst to my discovery that we are broke was a birthday present. A friend of mine's twins will be one tomorrow. She invited me to the birthday pary, and I had no gift. Any good crafty chick will immediately consider what she can make! Of course more chuckssome Converse booties would be great. But that is just not enough. (Even though my mom said I didn't have to give them anything, heck they didn't even come to Nolan's birthday.) So off I went to Michael's, we had enough money in the account to spare 5-10 bucks. Or so I thought. Turns out we didn't. Still, I had money in my personal account and purchased the neccessities, including another skein of Bernat Alpaca to finish a hat that I started. Yes, that's right, I'm procrastinating. Big surprise. Looks like you won't see Goddess until October. Right about the time when it gets too cold to wear something without sleeves. Where was I? Right, presents. So, I picked up some fabric paint, these rockin (literally) stencils, and dug around in the boys' closet. I found some old onesies that looked clean (or never worn, that seems to happen) and set to work. Really, it was only about $5, probably less because I already had some fabric paints from the time I painted my jeans. What do you all think?

romeo shirts 1


It was horribly overcast all day yesterday. Sorry about the pictures. The blue is actually more of a teal. I want to make one for Nolan too, but with a different stencil (it was a 4-pack). But what cool thing can I put on there for his name? His nickname is Bird...and I think Mr. Shad might kill me if I put that on there. lol But what about Bird of Prey or something? That might be cool? Geez, how is a girl supposed to double check her craftiness without a husband there to tell her that it's a bad idea?

Whatever. Look at my dinner. Yum it was so good. My mom is coming to visit for the weekend. So I can have a bit of a break. I am really looking forward to it.

thursday 003

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts