Sep 4, 2007

Knitting Fairy

the whole fam damilyEither I've taken up knitting in my sleep, or the knitting fairies are working overtime here at chez Shad. The second Fancy Silk Sock was finished on Saturday morning. However, I decided there was really no need to go put both socks on for pictures and all, since it's basically like the other picture I took, only with two socks. lol Actually, this weekend didn't have much knitting because my family came into town*. They had to pick up a car for my brother and wanted to say goodbye to Mr. Shad, since he is leaving in a couple of weeks. In my head I've been making a list of things to look forward to while he is gone, it's not really long but any little thing to distract me from how much I'll actually miss him.

That was mildly depressing. Anyways, I decided to teach my mom to knit while she was mom's first knitting 2visiting, actually I was excited to have the chance. I think everyone should learn to knit, but I'm biased. She was doing pretty well right up until I decided to teach her to purl. After that she must have gotten all confused because she threw it at me and said "I'm done!". lol I saved her progress though. In case she wants to try again. While I was getting yarn for her to practice with (from Michael's) I picked up the new Bernat with Alpaca in it. Interesting. So far it seems decent, though I haven't actually knit with it. What I think I will do is swatch it to see if it would be a good substitute for the Black Forest Naturwolle for the Luna Dress from the Fall IK. It's so pretty, but somehow I doubt I could afford 9 balls of it. I should probably concentrate on my current WIPs though. Shouldn't I? Goddess is about halfway done, I just didn't feel like going through the routine of putting it on waste yarn to try it on again. Did that twice yesterday.

What else? Oh yeah, I was going to start that half-clapotis pattern...butrhabarber cake realized that Wollmeise Merino-Lammdochtwolle probably was not the best idea in a pattern where I needed to drop stitches. So I will just do another My So Called Scarf. Really, any soft-spun single ply yarn will felt on itself very easily from being knit, and hates to be tinked. Could you imagine purposely trying to drop stitches without creating a fuzzy mess? What a shame. The colors would have been scrumptious in the half-clap pattern. I'll find something else to use for that pattern.

I baked bread. Didn't I tell you I love freshly baked bread? Seriously, it makes me happy. I'm already down to half a loaf and they were just baked yesterday. If you gave me a choice between the bread and chocolate, I'd pick the bread. It's the best snack ever. And only slightly more healthy.

bread


* I just wanted to note that Mr. Shad really does always look that cranky. He's weird.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts