Aug 1, 2007

Ravelry, I Blame You

TF first sock 1There is so much to say, I keep forgetting to take pictures of things and post them. lol Last night I was up til 5am on Ravelry. Knitting keeps me up at night. Really, I couldn't sleep last night thinking about my latest projects/ideas. First there was the impending spending spree. Justin told me I could spend $50 since I hadn't been buying much yarn lately. (The yarn from Philly was bought on my card) So I was online doing some pre-shopping, and then I realized that I actually have plenty of yarn. And that what I really wanted to do, I didn't want to do in Project Spectrum colors. However, I did just buy that lovely hemp for a modified Eiffel. Instead of long sleeves I plan on just doing a little cap sleeve, maybe with some lace detail. What do you guys think?

Eiffel swatch


We'll talk about Eiffel first. So far I have swatched once, it didn't work out so well. No matter how far I stretched it, it would only reach 4.5". I CO enough for 5 though. Unfortunately, you have to block the swatches to get an accurate measurement. So it is sitting all wet and pinned out on the floor. Looking sad and wrong. Gotta wait til it dries to measure and try again. (the post from this point forward was written the next day) I was right, the swatch was off. I got Twisted Flowers SSS17sts to 4". Boo. But I'll just go up to size 7s. I swatched...kinda. lol However, I plan on finishing Twisted Flower before I actually cast-on for Eiffel.

Yes, that's right, I've got SSS! Which I don't think has ever actually happened to me before. The second sock now has a turned heel, and I am slowly working through the top of foot chart. There are basically 59 rows (49, plus a 5 row repeat that I did twice and should have done three times...I'm ahead of myself though), and I am on row 19. *sigh* Forty more before I can start Eiffel. I think Bockstark wanted to see some better pics, there are more on Ravelry and Flickr. Oh, you know you can see Ravelry on the computer in the background. lol

My shopping spree went very well. I spent more than Justin said I could, but shhhh you don't know anything about that. lol Only like $10 over my limit. Anyways, let's talk about what I purchased. Because I know that is all you guys wanna hear about. :D First I bought some Cascade Sierra for the Shapely Lace Tee from KLS. sierra 2We've had this yarn in the shop for awhile now, and every time I see it I want it. Even though it is red, and I don't like red! It is just very pretty and soft. Next up, I bought the Goddess pattern from StitchDiva. They were having a sale, and I've been kinda loving this pattern since I spotted it on the site. Way back when the Sexy Knitters Club was doing their Sahara KAL. So, I snagged it. Then, of course, I had to find the perfect yarn for it. Something with a lot of drape...and fingering weight?! So, I swatched some sport weight cotton I had sitting around, 29sts over 4" on size 3s. The exact same gauge as the example yarn. Woohoo! I knew SWTC made a great bamboo yarn (because I have some), and I remembered it being really lightweight. When I looked it up it turned out to be sport weight (yes!) and I saw this. Could it seriously be any prettier? Hopefully it is really that color, because it's gorgeous and I'm excited! That was where the extra money went. Goddess will be next on the needles after Eiffel.

KLS Halter 6


tunic fin 1I took a ton of update pictures, better shots of things for Ravelry and whatnot. Finally put the elastic into my boy shorts, so I took a picture of the halter/shorts combo. Oh! And I got some shots of Nolie in his little hoodie. This is such a great pattern, generally I don't like the Knitting Pure & Simple patterns because they have no shaping really. However, for a baby that is perfect. Also, I've been spinning a little. It's Beaten from Serendipity Fibers on Etsy. I love the colors as well as the name. Get it? Beaten black and blue? Get it? lol Lastly, I snagged a shot of the huge sweater on the mannequin in the shop. It looks better on something other than my floor. As usual, click any pic to see it larger.

beaten 4 sweater in store

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts