Oct 1, 2007

It's Here!

prge 001


My first PRGE package arrived today!! This is going to be a long post. So hold on!

prge 002 prge 004


This box reminded me of Rennfest. It was so bittersweet, I probably won't get to Rennfest this year. Anyways, I opened it and the smell floated up and sent me into a momentary flashback. I had to recover quickly though because my boys were desperate to get a peek into the box! The first discovery was a super cute card. My pal turned out to be Dawn of Wild Yarn!! She is really stellar! The package was so me.

prge 003


Next I found the source of the lovely smell! A cute little purple bag (with feathers!) full of purple candles and some scented oil!!! Oh yeah, did I mention that the package had a purple theme to it? Oops. lol It does. On with the show. The candles were just perfect. Candles are a...guilty pleasure of mine. Because of the kids I can't usually burn them. My room is full of candles though, and I love them! I love going to stores and smelling them all, trying to find the best ever scent. When I was pregnant with Nolan (I don't remember if I ever posted about this) I set up a mirrored candle display over my bed. It's really pretty, and I just recently burned the last of my tea lights. I immediately set all of these up for myself you guys.

candles


You can see my (husband's) Ramone's t-shirt in the mirror! Next up there is some yummy purple Cascade 220! I *heart* Cascade 220. Who doesn't? It is for the Wavy scarf from Knitty. But I might use it for something else. Only because I don't seem to actually wear scarves. Even when I have them. The color is gorgeous though.

prge 005


We also have a copy of Rowan: Beach Cool. Okay, the patterns in here are super cute. And my LYS has lots of yarn that I think would work beautifully in them. The Family Fun has cute homemade costume ideas. One is an ice cream cone, which is what I am gonna make Nolan!! Except a little different. His hair always has a little curl on the top which makes him look like a Dairy Queen ice cream, so I will just get some white hair gel and slick it up. Plus lots of other cool stuff that I can look through and that will come in handy since the buget is so tight right now.

prge 007


I'm almost done now. :) Though I am far from ogling and touching everything in the box. So, last up we have some LOVEPAPER and a super cute notions type bag!! Okay, so the LOVEPAPER is super cute!! You use it to make decisions "of the heart". Each side represents a choice. You tear the paper in half, et voila! The bigger piece is the winner. :) Too cute, n'est pas? How about that bag? Isn't it me? I love purple and chocolate brown together. I want to make a cute chocolate brown skirt to go with my Skating Sweater. (tangent) As I was saying, the bag is just adorable and I think it would nicely for my socks in progress. Since I usually use DPNs, they would fit right in there. Don't you think?

Labels: , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts