Feb 22, 2010

Back So Soon?

0208101639-00Yes, I know! Another post in less than six months? I'm on a roll. Right now I am busy as a bee. Today I need to go finish packing up my apartment. Tomorrow I turn in the key. Though I still have 27 days until I am out of North Carolina. This move has me on a constant roller coaster of emotion. My body has been happy to let everyone know it too. Nothing like being betrayed by your own body. haha Since I haven't been blogging regularly, Ms. Rose is now 7, Ky Boo is 5 and That Baby...well he's 3. They are all soooo big now. No, they are not coming with me when I leave. Part of the reason I am so stressed about moving is because of that. I will visit them (and vice-versa) all of the time though.

There are so many people here that I will miss. My LYS is going to be hard to leave. The owner essentially taught me to love knitting. My 4 year knitversary is coming up here soon, I'll still be here for that. Oh, and irony of inronies, I seem to have discovered some sort of knitting group at a cafe nearby my apartment last week. Didn't have time to ambush them as I was dragging the crazies to Domino's to pick up pizza. Seriously though? How annoying is that?

January-February of 2010


I feel like so much has happened! I just don't know where to begin! There has actually been a good amount of knitting. It always comes in handy when the stress is on. I finished the Hemlock Ring Blanket, a Murloc for my work buddy Stacey, the "Magical Scarf Charlie!" out of my own handspun, and a hat for a friend (which Boo promptly tried to steal). The only thing still on my needles is the test knit. Now, a word on the hat I made. The pattern is the South American Chullo. Apparently this hat is some sort of phenomenon. I had seen that several knitters had0220101953-00 made multiple versions. Sometimes for themselves or others, one knitter had made three! Looks like the bug has bitten chez Kitty too! The hat I have finished is for a friend. We'll call him Mr. Bond. So, Mr. Bond requested a hat with ear flaps. When this pattern turned up on a search, it seemed perfect. Went out and bought the yarn (originally intended to make it from leftovers but packed all of my yarn away!), and got to knittin! While knitting and admiring the softness of the yarn and simple beauty of the fair-isle, I came to the conclusion that I must have one too! Once finished my children grudgingly modelled it for me. Boo seemed to change his mind though, after protesting and throwing it off I later discovered him wearing it while watching tv. Then while snuggling me. He said "Mommy this hat is just so soft that I'd like to sleep with it". And he did. Looks like he might need a hat as well.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts