May 16, 2006

Trouser Snake

Well...I was going to update yesterday, but well things happened. Let's talk about them shall we?

Sunday was nice, I got to hang out with my family and my husband got to show me how sweet he can be. lol So, Monday started off on a good note, I was feeling really content with life. Even if I did have to pick up the silly WIC checks before Justin left for work.

However, when I pulled onto our street after picking up the checks there was an ambulance parked in my driveway!! Anyone with kids must know exactly how I felt and what I was thinking at that moment. God love my daughter but she's just accident prone. And I thought...maybe this time it was more than a little one? My heart stopped and dropped into my stomach.

Thank goodness everyone was okay though! Apparently, what had happened was my husband had been bitten by a snake, and wasn't sure at the time if it was poisonous or not. The poor guy was more worried I had seen the snake! (I'm literally phobic, ophidiophobia I believe it's called.) Of course, I'd been more worried about my family than anything and had walked right past the damned thing without seeing it. He had killed it in the front yard, justice served! lol They did take him to the hospital though, to have him checked out.

The snake was identified as some non-venomous snake and he was turned loose around 2 or so? The shop just told him to go home and get some rest though, which was good. Of course, word travels fast and he had earned himself the nickname Trouser Snake by that time. lol We finished up by running a few errands here and there and returning home. *sigh*

Okay, knitting stuff! I had to frog my socks!! Sunday morning I realized they were too big. :( But why?! I had followed the pattern. That was my problem it turns out. When I started I totally forgot to gauge swatch or anything. The yarn I had bought was worked up on slightly bigger needles and had 29 stitches over 4 inches instead of the 33 called for in the pattern. D'oh! So here I had 64 stitches for each sock and really should have had about 56! C'est la vie....

Also, I plan on making Justin a sock for his ipod. He saw some online. They are so plain though. I really want to make him two. One kinda plain one and one with some intarsia and the Redsox socks on it. That one I'd have to seam (boo), but he'd love it! Anyway, at least now I have some idea what to get him for Father's Day. He buys things for himself too much.

In other news...I am changing the name of the mystery project to Ruby Soho. I've had that song stuck in my head for days! And I figure it's a lot prettier than my other name, plus has a kinda punkish vibe (duh) to it. Which is my aim kinda for this project. Any suggestions on what sort of yarn to use? I need something warm and soft and not too expensive. But definitely natural fibers, because I will probably have to block this.

Ugh! In all of the excitement I have forgotten to upload my pictures from Mother's day! I shall post back later with pictures....

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts