Apr 18, 2007

Substantially Less Photos

But twice as much fun! This installment not only includes my night with the famed BobaKnit girls, but also a contest winner! Me! lol I don't win things really, not by chance anyways, occasionally by skill. Didn't even win Bingo as a kid in elementary school. Yesterday I commented on Mouse's blog, because I would have even had there not been a contest. Imagine my surprise today seeing my name! Isn't it amazing what a small slip of paper can do for one's mood?

Big Basin WayLately I've been adjusting to being home again and have not knit much. Haven't even been in the mood to blog! I skipped an entire day of blog reading and feel awful because I feel like I missed some important things happening in my fellow bloggers' lives. *hugs* to Pins&Needles (go read the blog entry). And to Roxtarchic, because it sure sucks being in the country. ;) Alright, on to my adventures in California!

So, Thursday, after all of the shopping we did, we returned to the hotel. We sat at the bar with Matthew (who by now was a friend), even though it was closed. He fixed us a great drink, we talked about boys being boys, and I tried contacting Kristi. Cingular was having some technical difficulties that day, and we both apparently have Cingular. lol After using Matthew's phone, I finally contacted her and got the time for BobaKnit. Mr. Shad and I drove to Mountain View, and ended up being like a half an hour (or more) early. We ate a bit, chatted a bit, and then made a short walk up the street. HeBobaPimp dropped me off, I think he was scared a little. hehe I settled into a seat somewhere in the middle of this huge group of knitters, it was so awesome. Words cannot describe how much fun we all had! Seems like I had a lot in common with many people there. Lots of pictures were taken, but this is the only one that turned out. Clockwise from left to right, are Jeni, Hannah, Kristi, and Tina. Hannah was hilarious! These are some great ladies, I hope that if any of them was ever (for any reason) over here that they'd give me a call. Or an email. I'll have to update later when I have even more links to give you. FiberFiend (creator of the thumbhole mitten pattern) was there, but I didn't have a chance to meet her. We were at opposite ends of several tables. Oh well. Aside from Jeni, Hannah, and Tina...I also met Jasmine, Rachel, Katie, Lisa and Anabel. Now, I want you all to know if I spell your name wrong I apologize, just leave me a comment chastising me gently and providing the correct spelling.

Alright, this post is already long and I haven't made it to Friday yet. Friday we went to the Winchester Mansion, I haven't put the pictures on Flickr yet. It was great, except when Mr. Shad thought it'd be funny to scare me. Um, we went to San Francisco and Pier 39. It wasn't that great. There were some fun little shops, but it was freezing cold. And...a city is a city in my opinion. We (meaning Mr. Shad) got to stop and help out at a car accident. He's had all sorts of fun training and always feels obligated to help. I was not going to get out, the traffic was on my side of the car. It's all for the best anyway, you don't need too many people or gets confusing. Then, we went to a bar with Matthew. It was the greatest, I have no gaydar. It didn't dawn on me that he might have been gay. Oh well, everyone there was fabulous and we had sooo much fun! After it closed we went back to the hotel and ended up chatting with another couple and Matthew until like 3am. So much FUN! Our picture with Matthew, which turned out pretty well, is stuck on my broken camera. *sigh* Well, that's really all I got, summed up and in a nutshell.

I'm off to eat. Wait, can I mention something totally awesome? Of course, it's my blog. The Blue Sky Organic Cotton I bought was for a baby sweater. I only bought two balls originally, and later realized it was not enough. When I bought it I figured I'd just purposely stripe it, you know treat the two colors as if they were not the same? Yesterday, when I pulled out the two I bought from Stitch DC, the lots are all the same! Can you believe it? Gotta love organic cotton. :)

Labels: , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts