May 6, 2007

Boom Baby!

I love that movie.

Ribs & Lace TankAnyways, I have loads of pics for you. What is stranger? That I haven't posted in three days or that that is unusual for me? My knitting and spinning mojo was gone for a little while. Now I am back! I am feelin it again. Probably because I started my Twisted Flower socks over the weekend. The miles of stockinette on that sweater were KILLING me. I couldn't even start the Ribs and Lace Tank that I bought some Cotton Ease for because all of my Denise cords are being used. Oh well, it's purple which isn't until August in Project Spectrum anyway. Right?

I've definitely done my fair share of tinking in this pattern, it's worth it though.Twisted Flower .25 I love it. What I'm not loving, however, is the Koigu. It gets talked up a lot, I just don't think it's worth all of the hype. Many of the indie-dyers have better qualilty yarns in my opinion. Of course, you have to try something to know how you feel about it. So I will use what I have and just not buy any more. Wollmeise is still my all time favorite, it will be the first thing I buy after my self-imposed mini yarn diet.

Well, I'm not buying yarn, but that doesn't mean I can't buy books! Yesterday we went to the Books-A-Million, silly idea. I picked two books out of their needlecraft section. Knitting LingerieKnitting Lingerie Style and Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting. Then I took them to my husband, guess which one he chose for me to keep? Of course the one with lingerie. lol I thought he'd pick the new Yarn Harlot book because it was cheaper. Though I'm seriously glad he didn't, I want that book, but Knitting Lingerie Style is a beautiful book. The patterns are lovely, and it includes a few simple sewing patterns, which is lovely. Check this book out, not everything in it is underwear, there are some lovely lace tops, a skirt, armwarmers, and yes, a whole section of socks. :D This is one of my favorite patterns in the book. How sexy is that?

Lace Front Sweater


The stitch markers I won from Mouse's blog contest are GORGEOUS! They Tofutsiesare pictured with the Knitting Lingerie book. My stupid webcam doesn't show them off properly. Oh, I have some TOFUtsies yarn that I bought awhile ago, and then promptly forgot to photograph. I don't know why I bought two, I think they were packaged together like that. Is that weird?? Maybe I'll just give one away or destash it. Dunno which though. Anybody want it?? lol Alright, I'm off to do a few more rows of Twisted Flower, update my Ravelry, and hopefully get a small kitchen scale for weighing my fiber. We'll see what Mr. Shad is up to. He's got a cold that's kicking his ass and won't admit it. Oh, and here's a picture for Kat, since she says she hasn't seen many of the bugga baby.

flightsuit ky

Labels: , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts