Apr 23, 2007

You Spin Me Right Round

Baby, right round!

Who pooed


Thanks everyone for all of the love! I'm feeling much better today. There will be no talk of the weekend, as I've decided it's in the past. I've moved on and so will my blog post. This post has a lot of info too! So pay attention. :) The goal was to saturate it with lots of happy, exciting pictures. I think I can do that.Wheel action

First things first, my post title is not only a great song, but one I've been saving for the introduction of my wheel! She is (mostly) finished! Only a few things still need attaching, and the Mother-of-All is drying. I wanted to put the finish on it while it was on the wheel so that it didn't stick to the plastic. Let me introduce you, formally, to The Lady Amalthea (henceforth to be referred to as Lady A or just Amalthea). What do you all think of her? Kyran thinks she is just fantastic, of course, he also thought the rubber mallet I used on some of the more stubborn bits was fantastic.... lol

Mail Call


Next up, we have a mail call! Three packages today! Isn't that just wonderful? Now, in the spirit of spreading joy, and just plain fun, I'm having a blog contest. Contest closes at midnight Card Game(EST) on Wednesday. Email me with the answers by that time. The question was inspired by the objects I used to hide personal information. No, it has nothing to do with Spider-man. Thought you had that one, huh? Can you tell me who is on that baseball card? Need a better look? Click on either picture for a (slightly) closer view. Packages were from (in the order I opened them) The Loopy Ewe, MeanBean, and Sunne. Sunne's package had something in it that is for my PRGE pal, so I can't really show you what was in it. Besides, the webcam wasn't having any part in taking pictures of something so small. *sigh* I definitely need a new cam. Something compact and all my own.

CTH Northern Lights


The package from The Loopy Ewe contained the Cherry Tree Hill yarn I ordered. I was CTH Northern Lights 3kind of...gun-shy about ordering it. Some of my blogging buddies had had bad experiences. But everyone seemed so in love with it, so I had to give it a try. It's funny, I still have not tried Lorna's Laces. I'm not really all that impressed with it. It's strange though, how some yarns seem to be right for certain patterns. Others are just pretty, and don't tell you anything specific. Like all of those yarns I was having trouble with, most of which I've had for awhile. Then today I get the CTH (Northern Lights) in the mail and immediately know that it was meant to be Anastasia.

My next package was some socks from the MeanBean, ! We participated in a sock swap. Jiminey SnicketRemember the Hederas and my last blog contest? She may have taken awhile to knit these, but it was worth the wait. They are gorgeous! The funny thing? The right sock will fit both feet, but the left sock will fit only the left foot. Isn't that funny? I was worried at first because I put the peculiar sock on first, and was panicked that the socks did not fit! Then I switched the foot it was on and things were fine. lol The cuff is FANTASTIC, not sure how she did it but it's super cute. For the life of me I can't figure out how she did the toe. What kind of toe is that? Can you see Kyran's face? It made me laugh SO hard that I almost couldn't take the picture. How perfect. You would think he'd just unwrapped candy. I mean, I think they are great but he's two, normally socks don't excite a two year old.

Actually, one thing from this weekend. On Saturday night, maybe it was whatever I Drop it like it's hothad, or the stress of the weekend, but I really wanted to spin. So I grabbed up my drop spindle and the bit of purple merino that Sunne sent to me in my last PRGE package. It's not enough to make anything with, but more than enough to sate the spinning bug. I took the sample and separated it into thirds and then each of those into half. Then, to help control the even-ness of the yarn, I predrafted each piece nice and thin. Really, it helped.

P.S. Could I have possibly used more labels for this?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts