May 14, 2007

Moms Rock!

It is true. Everyone should know this, most of you are moms (and you all have moms).Snicker My husband must really appreciate me. I got a lot of goodies this year. Some of it I bought myself though. Well, my MIL complimented me on my clean house when she got in on Friday, that was more than enough to set the weekend off right. Mr. Shad gave me (I'm listing it all, because he gave me these things scattered throughout the weekend) a kitchen scale, a belt (my old one was dead), a sticker, flowers, a t-shirt, Bicenntenial Man, Jack, and What Dreams May Come. I gave (to myself), 2 and a half pounds of Alpaca, a ball winder, and finished my first Twisted Flowers sock. My MIL and father cooked breakfast Saturday morning. It was a fantastic weekend folks.

winder


The Twisted Flowers sock may end up twinless. I'm debating. The Koigu Twisted Flowerwasn't making me happy, it's just too much money for the quality. Also, I messed up. I made the foot a bit short because I was getting impatient. So now part of the heel flap comes under my heel. It might not be a big deal really. Just not sure how I feel about it. The huge sweater also got a couple inches in. When I had the sock finished, and had spun everything I'd carded over the weekend...I realized there wasn't much else for me to knit. Today I started and attempt at this. Except...it'll look totally different because I'm trying it in some of my handspun. Hopefully I have enough. *sigh*

Twisted Flower 3Hum, what else? My dad took lots of pics, forgot his wallet, and is still impressed with the fact that you can make "string" out of anything. lol Made cookies today. Plan on making peanut-butter pie for a potluck on Thursday. OH! And thank you to Carissa! She sent me a cute little sheepy card to thank me for some things and wish me a happy Mother's Day. Mr. Shad also bought himself a Wii. *rolls eyes*

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts