May 11, 2007

What What?

san jose MattUh...I'm not explaining that.

Anyways, yeah. I don't know what happened to me. Had some difficulties mid-week. First I screwed up my neck, and then I just didn't feel like it. I didn't even check bloglines. Tuesday and Wednesday were not great days. Things are fine now, I just needed to rest I suppose. However, I have been on Ravelry. Sloooowly uploading my info. I can tell some of you others are too, your Flickr accounts have been updated with old pics. ;) Which reminds me, being new to knitting right now is good. I've only gotta update with stuff that has happened over the last year. lol

Actually, I have some new and old pictures for you all today. In a stroke of Knitting Arts Haulbrilliance last night I learned that our laptop has an SD drive. All that time I spent hooking up the camera to the computer...wasted. lol So, even though the camera is broken, the SD card still has the pictures on it. I uploaded those. Now you have good pictures of my haul from San Jose. As well as the guy from the hotel that we became friends with. So, here are those pictures. If you click on the picture of my Knitting Arts buys, it has labels. In case you are unfamiliar with any of the yarns.

Friends are the best. I am counting on all of you when Mr. Shad gets deployed! Anyways, a few of you have expressed interest in the TOFUtsies, I have to go back through my emails and see who wanted it and then make a decision. Guess I am just indecisive right now. Actually, I should do it right now, there are some things all packaged up to be shipped out sitting in my kitchen, that I meant to send earlier this week. Instead I just looked at them and didn't do anything. Sorry!! So, if you get a gift or anything late, my bad.

Dunno how my self-imposed mini-diet will go. It seems like I picked a bad time for it. Mr. Shad is going to Yuma until the end of June. *sigh* Hopefully I can still goBeaten up to MD Memorial Day weekend. I'd been telling everyone that I was coming, making plans, and then...oh DUH, he's not gonna be here. That's okay though, I need to get back on the horse and make the trip. We'll see how well it works out. I wanted to wait until the YP Deep Cove got here to post pictures of the last Loopy order I made, seeing as how I ordered them on the same day. It's not here yet, but then, she did have to dye some more due to over ordering. I just didn't think I was an over-order. Then again, I like to send all of my packages at one time, maybe she does too.

So anyways, here is the last Loopy order. The pictures suck big. There is a cute stitch-marker that came as an extra, and you just can't see it. My order was the Yellowyellow CTH. Man, it is so AWESOME! Can I explain to you that yarn has sucked me into this huge colorful hole? Seriously, I hate yellow. It's one of my least favorite colors. But it goes really well with green, which I have a lot of. Ridiculous people. This is crazy. The only question now is, which pattern?! I'm thinking the Child's First sock in Shell pattern. Then again, I want some cables. Dunno why, but I've been wanting some really yummy cables. Nothing too intricate. Maybe like this? Yeah, that's definitely going into the queue.

Hmm. What else happened?? Oh, my Twisted Flowers sock is up to row 18 on the foot now. If you are going to do this sock, seriously, take the time to learn cabling without a cable needle. You'll be glad you did. Otherwise, you might forget to cable YP Deep Cove 2or twist here and there, considering that 14 rows out of the 32 row repeat on the leg have at least one twist or cable. Still, it's been fantastic to do. And going down a needle size has made it just the right size for my legs, which helps to make the design pop a bit more.

Shoot, right now I should be cleaning, my MIL just crossed the NC border and should be here in a couple of hours. She is a very tidy person, and I can't believe I didn't clean yesterday. Just not in the right frame of mind. Hopefully today I can get those packages out and get to the yarn shop. I'm hoping she weighed the Alpaca fleeces she got in. I want some. Have some milk and cookies.

cookies and milk


*updated to add pic of the YP Deep Cove, that came in after I posted this*

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts