Dec 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Post

cleaning up 005First, thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes, and all of the wonderful things that have been happening lately. It really feels as if, for once, things are looking up. From here on out this is a totally self-indulgent post. But don't worry! There is knitting content!

I spent most of the weekend cleaning. Friday, Emily came over and helped me to clean. In between bouts of cleaning, we watched Pirates of the Caribbean 3!! You know how I love my Johnny. Anybody else really looking forward to Sweeney Todd? Just gotta find someone willing to sit on the kids on Christmas! lol Saturday, more cleaning. Then Brandy came over with a cake, a balloon, and some cards. She videotaped it for my hubby. Let's hope that he's the only one to see it, my hair was insane! We hung out for awhile, more cleaning, then after Kyle and Emily got there we went out to eat. Nowhere spectacular, still haven't been to the new Olive Garden. Sunday, my mom came up to see me. She took me out to get my hair cut and then she took the kiddos to the mall while I went to Bombs Away. Yeah, I have another tattoo. This one is much smaller than the penguin. Okay wait, let me tell this story really quick.

I go in to the shop, it's about 3pm. They close at six, and I feel kinda bad about Year of the Rat 02coming in so late but it's a small tattoo. So, I bring in the picture, chat with my guy, and take a seat. He's got two tattoos to do before mine, and he's already started the first one. Out comes the knitting, and I get comfy. Waiting...waiting. The movie that was on when I first came in is over, not a big deal, it wasn't far from the end anyways. It's about 4:30...Nik (my artist) takes a smoke break and tells me he'll be awhile yet. *sigh* At around 5ish, he comes to me, still hasn't finished up with this other girl. Do I mind if his buddy Josh does the tattoo?? Um...well, in the interest of getting everyone out of this shop by six, and since it is such a small tattoo...why not? Okay, Josh comes over, we talk about the design, he pumps out a sketch for me, and then (are you with me?) tells me he has to wait for the piercer to get out of his station!!! *rolls eyes* Fine. How can a couple of piercings take longer than a couple tattoos? Yes? No. Nik actually gets finished before Josh is ready for me. However, since he already sketched my design and stuff, I am still waiting on Josh. It's all good though. Nik came and talked to me while I got the tattoo done. Really, it's a lot about the compatibility too, not just the skill. Both are important, I like to talk. In case you hadn't noticed. Process-wise, the tattoo was not at all gratifying. It was too small for that. However, it's super cute, and exactly what I wanted.

Whew. Okay. I got home at about 7, and called Ty to let him know that he could come over whenever. As I sat down with my gross McDonald's chicken strips that I really did NOT want to put in my mouth...I realized I should have asked him to make me dinner. So, I call him back and ask if he's up for that. :D He was broke, so we Kyran's hat 009decided dinner could be his present to me. Which is cool with me, I love food. We all dance around the kitchen and hang out. Ty finally gets to meet my mom. After that, we went to the bar. When I got done wasting money on drinks, we went to meet some friends of his. Good times.

I'm done. Now the knitting stuff. Somewhere in between all of that, I was working on a hat for Kyran. Just grabbed some green acrylic from Michael's, and started a basic-ish slouchy hat. Only, I planned to put a brim on it. Kinda like the newsboy hat in the SnB book, except, I don't have the book. lol I mean, it can't be that hard, right? Too bad I didn't write any of it down.... Whatever, he's super cute. Okay, so, update. I wrote down what I remembered doing. It might not be exactly the same. But almost. If you would like to see it, let me know.

Kyran's hat 007

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts