Oct 20, 2007

One and Only (picture heavy)

trapped in a hat 002So...I haven't been very active in the blogging world lately. I love to post, but haven't really felt like it. Instead of actually reading posts, I skim them. It's not that I don't love you all. Just hitting a plateau I think. Mr. Shad has been gone for about 5 weeks (I am rounding here, and guessing, I actually haven't been keeping track), we still haven't seen any of that "extra income", and there was an error in budgeting that has left us...well more than a little tight. Again. *sigh* Next month will be better. Man am I tired of saying that.

Lots has happened in the last four days, yeah, I know. Four days? What can happen in four days, you ask. Let me 'splain...no, there is too much, let me sum up. (If you get that I love you) I crocheted a ton of those little mice and plan to sell them at a craft fair, Kyran burned his hand (minor burn!), I finally made the "Bird" shirt for Nolan, I frogged the ill-fitting Amazonas sock, got some roving in, finished the hat for my brother, and cast-on for the Tree Jacket. Whew. Now, if you can, and you go to my Ravelry, you'll notice that I have *gasp!* only one WIP. Yep, Tree Jacket is the only thing on the needles. How? Well, I hibernated the Skating Sweater, just looking at it made me sweat (hehe, sweat, sweater). Frogged the Amazonas sock, so that's not even a UFO, it's gone. My brother's hat is done...so that's an FO now. Seriously, I have like five UFOs, things that are hibernating until the weather cools down a bit, or the holidays are over.

Now I am just going to bombard you with pictures. Then we will go into details. I didn't feel like trying to put the pictures all in order and stuff this time. lol

mouselings 001 bird shirt 001 burn 1 to frog or not amazonas frogged maine woods vintage trapped in a hat 004 tree jacket neck 1


Right, that is done. You can see from the pictures that the decision to frog (officially) the Amazonas sock was one of the heart. lol I used the LOVEPAPER given to me by my PRGE pal Dawn! It came in really handy. I had been very back and forth about it, in the end, I knew that the sock had to come out, but it was so beautiful!! It's okay, I intend to come back to it after the holidays, and knit the right size this time, along with a few other minor tweaks to make the pattern better suit my foot and desires. Motivation to finish the hat was the Tree Jacket, I needed the size 8 needles for swatching. lol

Kyran's hand. Ah, so here is the story:
Imagine if you will, you are cooking dinner, and suddenly the kitchen is full of children!! You know that no amount of urging and pushing out the door will get them to go, so you try to balance cooking and keeping kids out of trouble. Heather is doing her homework on the counter to my right. Kyran is standing by my left leg, trying to trip me I think. Nolan is getting into cabinets and pulling out a number of tupperware containers. After putting back the containers, and removing the pot from the burner, Heather needs me. I turn to look at her and hear a scream. No. A squeal, really, of pain. Thinking it was Nolan, I turned to the cabinet...nope crawling around happily. If not a little confused. Then I realized it had been Ky, he must have put his hand on the stove where the pot had just been. "Buhn-ed," he said, "muh han' IS buhned!" We ran it under cold water and bandaged him. He was smart enough to pull his hand back quickly I think, it was really not bad at ALL.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts