Oct 9, 2007
I don't sleep well anyways, but somehow without Mr. Shad here, it is actually worse. I fell asleep on the couch at 9pm this past Saturday...and it was very strange. So, I've finally decided to write/post my list of things to look forward to.
- My bed is now all mine, which means I can use his side for blocking. :)
- Nobody to eat up all my sweets. Except me.
- I can watch whatever I want on TV. Without interruption
- Nobody complains when I don't do the dishes for 3 days in a row.
- I can balance the checkbook without worrying about Mr. Shad's impulsive buying habits.
- The couch is all mine!
- More time to knit.
- Lesley is coming to visit! Okay, she probably could have if Mr. Shad was here. But it will be less crowded this way.
- I get to decorate for Christmas without Mr.
Scrooge Shad whining about it.
- Less laundry.
- If I can't find the camera, it's my fault.
- No scrambling to clean the house at 5 o'clock.
- We're going to my parents' for Thanksgiving, which is my favorite family holiday.
- Nolan is going to be an ice-cream cone for Halloween, and there is nothing anybody can say to change my mind.
- Nolan will be walking soon. And talking.
- No more Netflix that I don't wanna watch.
- I get to buy my own Birthday, Anniversary, and Christmas presents.
Nolan has a pre-op appointment today. I think I have neglected to mention the surgery altogether on here. Makes it easier for me to ignore, and therefore not be nervous. It's not horribly invasive or anything, and will most likely just be routine. But I am a mother, which means I worry. Besides all of that, it's his eye, those things are sensitive. Also, one of the fastest healing parts of our bodies. Anyways, he's had a blocked tear duct since he was born. It happens to all babies, but it usually goes away. When it did not, the doctor said, "Well, it should clear up by the time he is one." He's one...and it's still not. So, doctor gave us a referral. It will be nice not to have people recoil from my baby when they see his eye. Really, Nolan is such a sweetie. Oh, and Lesley, I forgot to tell you, but I scheduled his appointment for Thursday. Hopefully it will not interfere too much with our plans. He's a trooper and at the very worst it will just mean that we can't go out. :)
Over the weekend, I finished almost 3 projects. The sleeves for the Skating sweater (seen in above photo) were blocked (for procrastination reasons mostly) and are awaiting seaming. When I am good and ready. Also, Goddess and MSCS 2 are officially off the needles. Both need a good blocking. But I did take a few pictures of Goddess. It fits like a dream. Too bad there is a "seam" where the EOR was. >.< D'oh! Hopefully nobody will notice it. I'll take a picture for you guys at a later date, but for now just wanted good pictures. Showing off my mad skillz. Yo. lol Alright, that's it for now. Must go take Nolan to his appointment.
Labels: babies, finished object, Goddess, life, lists/surveys