Dec 31, 2006

Hooray for Perseverance!

thuja done1FINALLY! I finished one of the Thuja socks! There will be loads of pics in this post. But before we get to those, I want to vent a bit.

So, I'm trying to type up my New Year's resolutions for this year, and for some reason Microsoft Word just shuts off. I think it's some kind of freak glitch and re-open it. Nope...kept shutting down automatically. That made me so cranky! Now I have to wait until tomorrow and use Word on Justin's computer. He DLed a cute wallpaper for me. :) Don't worry though, it'll be on another one of my blogs. There will be a link if you want to read. But trust me, it's gonna be long.

Okay, on to the Thuja story! Did you read two posts back about my whole extra inch and a half mishap? Okay, long story short: they have been a challenge. Too little yarn, then missed a stitch, had to re-do the heel, realized I had made the thuja ribbitfoot an inch and a half too long! I just kinda gave up though. Then I woke up to some good news (details later) and decided I'd take on the challenge! I was in such a good mood that ripping 8 inches of sock and re-knitting them was something I felt I could do.

So at one pm I ripped.

and ripped.

thuja 5.5 inchesIt was perfect! I actually ripped it back to exactly the right spot, and picked up the stitches to get it back on the needles with no trouble whatsoever. Which was so awesome. Then I spent ten hours repeating the whole process of increasing for the gusset and turning the heel. Had to stop there though. My hands were starting to ache. It was just after 11 at night, and I rested before taking more pictures.

Then today, I knit the six inches on the leg! The sock is finally bound off! I feel thuja ripped and rewoundlike dancing. Except it's 3am and I'm tired. lol So I made Justin put the sock on and let me take gratuitous pictures of his foot. he didn't seem to mind though, he was deep into WoW. The second sock shouldn't take anywhere near as long, or be as frustrating. I made sure to take notes. I (usually) learn from my mistakes.

Okay, the reason I was feeling good enough to actually tackle this task was because I am not pregnant. Most of you who read my blog know that I just had a baby in August. And that I hate being pregnant. thuja heel turned2It's very hard on my body. The idea of being pregnant again so soon was really getting to me. There will be a more in depth post on all of this later. Just rejoice with me that I'm not. Knowing that put me in a GREAT mood and not even all that ripping could get me down. Though, now I think about it I've knit the same sock probably the equivalent of four times, I should have two pairs of socks instead of just the single. Alright, I ought to get off to bed before the kids wake up. lol Bask in the glory of my dedication! :P

Labels: , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts