Dec 29, 2006
I Need to Lose Some Weight
No, I'm not talking about my belly. I'm talking about my stash!! EEP! Yep, that's right, I have decided to make a dent in my stash. Considering I have several large-ish projects lined up (and that sock yarn doesn't count) I think I can do this. Nine months without purchasing yarn? I had to go without alcohol every time I was pregnant. No problem. The idea is to not buy any yarn you don't need (except for sock yarn of course) and just try to use what you have. Now, the problem is to define need...
Here are my guidelines:
Knit From Your Stash 2007:
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.
2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
- Sock yarn does not count. Even the Harlot says so
- If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I am permitted to buy yarn to knit that gift.
- If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project. (this will come in handy with that top-down cropped raglan)
- I'm allowed to buy yarn from only my LYS for KALs that will be going on there.
3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
4. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt. (whew! otherwise I'd have a useless $100 gift certificate!)
I will be posting my New Year's Resolutions on the 30th, but mainly with a link to another blog since it will be a rather lengthy post.
Right now I'm totally frustrated and stressed. Hopefully, things will be resolved soon. But my current frustrations are knitting related. I swear, these socks have been the bane of my existence! Do you remember when I started the Thuja pattern? How about after I turned the heel? Then there was the day I put them away in my stash bucket. Or that fateful day when I finally frogged them. Well, after a smooth beginning and quick progress, I was excited to make it to the heel! Which is what I worked on last night. Somehow I got my stitch count all thrown off (by one stinkin stitch!) and didn't realize it til I'd made it all the way through turning the heel! So I had to unwrap and tink back to the beginning of the heel. Tonight, after completing the heel flap, I ended up continuing to knit the front in pattern and the back plain as I had for the foot! D'oh! Ugh, and as if that wasn't enough, I realized that I'd started the increases for the gusset an inch and a half too late. That's right, the socks are 11.5 inches long instead of 10. If I have no hair the next time you see me you'll understand right? I'm trying to figure out if I just want to *gulp* frog it back or if I should just find someone else that they would fit?
I'm thinking of just casting on for Pomatomus. Or trying to finish the HP scarf for Debbie. I'm scared I still don't have enough yarn. If not...well I will just frog it back to the last repeat and bind off. That's how it goes.