Dec 29, 2006

I Need to Lose Some Weight

No, I'm not talking about my belly. I'm talking about my stash!! EEP! Yep, that's right, I have decided to make a dent in my stash. Considering I have several large-ish projects lined up (and that sock yarn doesn't count) I think I can do this. Nine months without purchasing yarn? I had to go without alcohol every time I was pregnant. No problem. The idea is to not buy any yarn you don't need (except for sock yarn of course) and just try to use what you have. Now, the problem is to define need...

Here are my guidelines:
Knit From Your Stash 2007:

1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.

2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:

  • Sock yarn does not count. Even the Harlot says so

  • If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I am permitted to buy yarn to knit that gift.

  • If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project. (this will come in handy with that top-down cropped raglan)

  • I'm allowed to buy yarn from only my LYS for KALs that will be going on there.

3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.

4. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt. (whew! otherwise I'd have a useless $100 gift certificate!)

I will be posting my New Year's Resolutions on the 30th, but mainly with a link to another blog since it will be a rather lengthy post.

Right now I'm totally frustrated and stressed. Hopefully, things will be resolved soon. But my current frustrations are knitting related. I swear, these socks have been the bane of my existence! Do you remember when I started the Thuja pattern? How about after I turned the heel? Then there was the day I put them away in my stash bucket. Or that fateful day when I finally frogged them. Well, after a smooth beginning and quick progress, I was excited to make it to the heel! Which is what I worked on last night. Somehow I got my stitch count all thrown off (by one stinkin stitch!) and didn't realize it til I'd made it all the way through turning the heel! So I had to unwrap and tink back to the beginning of the heel. Tonight, after completing the heel flap, I ended up continuing to knit the front in pattern and the back plain as I had for the foot! D'oh! Ugh, and as if that wasn't enough, I realized that I'd started the increases for the gusset an inch and a half too late. That's right, the socks are 11.5 inches long instead of 10. If I have no hair the next time you see me you'll understand right? I'm trying to figure out if I just want to *gulp* frog it back or if I should just find someone else that they would fit?

I'm thinking of just casting on for Pomatomus. Or trying to finish the HP scarf for Debbie. I'm scared I still don't have enough yarn. If not...well I will just frog it back to the last repeat and bind off. That's how it goes.

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts