Jan 15, 2008

Much To Say

Pengknittin 02I've got a lot to talk about. Actual knitting content this time. No silly pictures of my personal life to distract so the UFOs can slip by unnoticed. Of course, I don't much feel like talking, I have to clean up the house. lol Quick personal update, Kyran started daycare Monday. It's crazy. Just me and the little Bird now. To help fill up my day, I joined a gym. That's really all that's going on. Oh yeah, check this cute lil' penguin gal out! Isn't she adorable?! She needs a name though. Got any suggestions? Now, onto the knitting. Oh, she came from Teenybeak.

Digitessa is coming along beautifully, when I work on her. You know me, the sizzle of a new project always dies a bit fast. I've already started and finished several quick projects since the new year. Despite my deal with myself. It's okay though, I've only got myself to answer to. No knitting police. :) Tree Jacket and Serpentine Mitts have both hit a kind of plateau.

Digitessa 009


There has been some finishing though. Don't you worry. I finished that scarf for my friend, I should be sending it off tomorrow. Today was the first good day for taking pictures. It's not exactly exciting. Just a simple black scarf, but he seems really happy with it. And I actually blocked it. *giggle* Yeah, I'm one of those people who says "Well...it looks fine, it doesn't need to be blocked, right?" Since it's a gift however, and needed to be washed for softness sake, I did the right thing. lol

Helios Scarf Fin 005


For myself, there was The Fidget and a book strap. The book strap was my own design. Something quick and The Fidget 03simple, a bookmark that will actually STAY! For goodness sake. Fidget was done with some of the leftovers from the Unoriginal Hat. Oh, can I just tell you how much I love my Fidget though? It's soft, and it stays right where I want it. I hate scarves, don't wear them. Probably why I hardly knit them. They don't want to behave themselves. When I was done with the photoshoot for The Fidget though, I didn't want to take it off!! Definitely making more. Although, I did make this with worsted weight yarn instead of bulky, which is recommended by the pattern. I wanted it to be thinner, it's perfect. P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

Now for the little blurb about the book strap. And the "pattern", if you can call it that. I don't. It's more like...guidelines really. ;)

Ever shoved a book into your purse or backpack, only to discover later that the paper book strap 009bookmark slipped out? Dunno about you, but my children like to steal my bookmarks, it’s like a sport. This super awesome bookmark STAYS where you put it! And as an added bonus only takes about 10 minutes tops.

Here it is: Leave a 12” tail, crochet a chain twice the length of the spine, and then some. Make a small loop by sl st through the chain somewhere. No real instructions…no counting. Just guess people! Sew on a button ABOVE the loop.

To use: Pull long tail through loop, then bring up through book and around the outside (round the outside….). Wrap tail around button. When you want to read, simply slide off. Works best with paperbacks.

My Flickr and Ravelry both offer more pictures of the book strap that should help clear up the instructions for use. I hope. Just click the picture of it to go to Flickr, or you can sign into Ravelry. It's in my FOs, but you'll have to scroll down a bit to find it.

Labels: , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts