Jan 8, 2008

No Resolution

This is Why 019I decided I'm not doing resolutions this year. Why make a list of all of the things I hate about myself, only to still be just me? Maybe I improve one little thing, like taking over the finances, or doing laundry more often. In the long run...it's really not helpful to me. When something becomes a problem, I fix it. I like things that way and don't need to point out all of my faults, then stress about how I'm not keeping my resolutions. The closest thing I have, is that I refuse to cast on any new projects till all of my UFOs are either frogged or FO'ed. Which is actually more of a goal than a resolution. I just want to enjoy this year, last year really seemed to be tough, there were definite good things that happened. Ups and downs like every other year.

This is Why 009This year was definitely a good year knitting-wise. Though, I haven't been knitting for very long. Participated in some swaps, met up with awesome knitters, finished a lot of projects. Tried a few new things. Look at those finished objects! It makes me feel rather productive. But was I a fearless knitter? I'm sure some of you read the Knitting Daily.

How about you? Did you Knit Fearlessly?
I like to think I did, the knitters at my LYS say I'm a challenge oriented knitter, and are always impressed by the way I jump into projects.

What would you knit in 2008 if you were really the knitter you've always dreamed of being?
A shawl. Actually, several shawls, some lightweight lacy ones, maybe a simple worsted one. Functional knits. Things that I would wear more than look at. More gifts.

Here's some things to think about:

• Is there something you haven't tried because it seems Too Scary?
Hm. Not really. No shawls, not because they are "too scary", but because of my fear of becoming bored and abandoning them. So, a fear of commitment?

• Is there a technique you want to learn, or learn to do more skillfully?
Color-work. I'm not 100% pleased with the way my stranding looks.Beading? I guess. Seaming.

• Is there something that stumps you?
Um...nope. I've always been able to figure things out, even if I need help to do it.

Will and Crazies 01• Is there something that you are dying to try, in your secret knitter's heart, but haven't dared because you think you're not a good enough knitter?
I guess I am a fearless knitter, I've never shied away from a pattern or project because I didn't think I could do it. However, spinning on the other hand...I want to spin enough balanced/consistent yarn to knit a sweater.

• Are you always knitting The Same Old Things, and you'd like to try something new?
For awhile it was socks, socks, socks. However, I think I've really expanded my repertoire, as it were. Even learned to crochet a bit!

• Do you always knit for others, and never for yourself? Or perhaps you only knit yourself accessories, but never a lovely cardigan or pullover to wear?
Actually, I'm a selfish knitter. Occasionally I knit for others.... I'm not sure that makes me a fearless knitter. It might be indicative of the opposite. I'm afraid that the beloved knitting will end up at the bottom of someone else's closet and go unappreciated.

Joel Hat


So, I think I might be a fearless knitter...but my confidence in other areas is lacking. Note to self: work on being a fearless crocheter and spinner. :) I've posted random pictures of my weekend and all throughout.

more hair 003

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts