Feb 17, 2008

Something Like That

Go here, just do it, don't ask questions. Okay fine, a few questions. It's totally work safe, that link will take you to the homepage for our dear friend Krystofer who is participating in the Aids LifeCycle this year. He needs our help in the form of donations. Anything you can give will be appreciated. Also, I know he is going to put names into a drawing for every FIVE dollars you donate (seriously? can you tell me you can't spare $5?_. There will be lots of lovely handknit goodies to win! That is, if you feel you need a reason to donate to such an outstanding cause. :)

Somewhat Cowl 006I don't even know what I talked about in my last post. The Somewhat Cowl is making some serious progress, which you all know is unusual for me. Normally, stockinette sends me into a boredom induced coma. The second Serpentine Mitt has been cast on...I got about two inches into it. Actually, Brandy was confused and impressed when I was knitting on it Friday evening. When she asked me about it (Is that knitting??), I got started on a whole thing where I showed her different projects. She also asked about the tags, so I showed her the Buggerloo hat for Heather and she just thought it was great. It's always fun to show off all of the things one can do with knitting. People really do seem to think it's all about New Shoes 005frumpy sweaters and baby blankets.

Valentine's Day was boring, I don't really want to talk about it, so don't ask. Kyran's birthday was not as much fun as I would have liked, we went to Chuck E. Cheese. Oh well, the kids enjoyed themselves. Ky is really digging his new three year-old class.

Have any of you seen that Suave commercial? The "89% of moms admit they've let themselves go" one? I hate that commercial. What about dads? Don't any of them notice that they look awful? Really...? Sorry. Momentary rant. I am seriously stressed right now. There are only a few more months to go. Then I get to readjust to living with my husband again, and right about the time when I get comfortable, he'll probably have to go somewhere else. Ugh.

I love me


I have four WIPs right now, and 5 UFOs. The question is what to do to get that all finished up. Yarnissima contacted me about my problems with La Digitessa, so I know how to fix that. Two of my UFOs are very near completion...I really just need to finish them. The baby hat in the Amazonas might just end up being frogged. What do you guys think? I mean, clearly I'm not concerned with finishing it.

Labels: , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts