Mar 18, 2008

Very Merry UnBlog-day!

Salvia 01To me! Okay, so my first blog post is the 18th, but last year's knit/blog-versary post was on the 16th. So...split the difference? Either way. I made brownies for myself to celebrate (two years!), and I'm enjoying one now. They're just out of the box, Pillsbury brownies, nothing too special. Still taste good though. I also made a trip to the LYS, of course. Didn't walk away with too much, actually, I think I should have bought more. Maybe should have gone with something in mind. The only things I could think of that I wanted were a new sock yarn and something to make a Buggerloo for Brandy. That's J.L. Yarns Salvia, isn't it amazing?! I promise there were more subdued colors, but I've been trying to buy things to expand my color palate. Here, check out the Mama Blue Sea Merino I bought in Boudoir. This one is really not something I'd normally buy. With the soft pastels, shades of peach and pink. It's really a bit girly for my taste. Hey, it was called Boudoir and it's so soft that I could care less WHAT color it is. Just squeeze it! Really, I recommend it.

mamablue boudoir


Also, I have a FO to show off...too bad it's not Somewhat Cowl, that would actually make sense wouldn't it? No, I abandoned it for about four days to makemosey 013 Mosey. Which was really the only pattern I was interested in when the latest Knitty came out. I queued a few other patterns, but probably won't actually make them. When I saw Mosey though, I knew I had to have them! So much so, that I ran out to Michael's the very next morning and bought the yarn. Most people seem to be making them in the same color as the originals, but I chose a "dark grey mix". It looks more brown than grey most times though. They went pretty quickly, the worst of it was that nine inches of 2x2 ribbing on each legwarmer. I also still hate making pom poms...they are kind of cute though. Anyways, apologies for the dark-ish pictures. The sun hasn't been cooperating with me lately. You all know how it is. That, and I tend to finish most projects at night. Somewhat Cowl is kind of sitting around, waiting for a left sleeve and the cowl-ish part. After Mosey I had every intention of picking it back up, instead I mosey 016ended up starting on Digitessa again. I think...I might have actually been a bit afraid for awhile. To knit on Digitessa, I mean. Afraid that I might make a mistake or ruin the pattern. This is really one of the most beautiful patterns I've ever seen. Never have I regretted the money spent on it.

Still, for awhile after hearing from Yarnissima about my dilemma, I left poor Digitessa sitting. Waiting. She's not a difficult sock, though she requires a bit more concentration. She is more than lovely, absolutely stunning, always catching my eye when I would pass. Yet, I let her linger, focusing on simple sweaters, accessories, and knits promised to others. Now I have the first sock nearly finished! I am only working from one chart now and really there isn't much use for it anymore. :) I think that concludes my knitversary post, no contest or exciting thing this year. Really, I am too tired for that. There is so much to do before Mr. Shad gets home and I would really rather be knitting.

Digitessa 015

Labels: , , , , , ,

Kitty's Story


Vintage 008

First, I must confess my name isn't Kitty, or anything even close. It just comes from an affinity for cats. Second, I love to craft, create, and imagine. I can draw a bit, knit a lot, and sew just enough to get by. My world revolves around the loves of my life; my three children. Anything more you want to know about me is on Ravelry or check me out on FB!

Crystal Shadrick

Create Your Badge

*Disclaimer!* I'm totally crazy. The patterns I offer are often variations of other patterns, things I have reverse engineered. I don't claim to be wonderful and smart and an all-knowing designer. So enjoy them!.

LINK ME!
Vintage 005

Vintage 006
Please save this button to your own host, do not steal my bandwidth!



Free Patterns
All free patterns have been moved here. Hopefully this will help you find them more easily! All of the pattern posts (except the ones that contain other info) will be deleted in a week or two.

Links
Knitty

Craftster

ravelry



Link
Previous | Next


Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next


On My
Nightstand:

The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King


Radio:

Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina


Television:

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay


Needles:


Wheel:
0824101450-00
Rumpelstiltskin - FatCat Merino


I Buy
Tail Spinner

The Loopy Ewe

Cherry Blossom Fibers

C*EYE*BER Fiber

abcwoolcrafts

wollmeise

I'm In

Sexy Knitters Club

Punk Rock Knitters

Punk Rock Gift Exchange
PRGE Questionnaire (the third?)

Expand Your Stash 07

Count Your Socks
8 in 2007/0 in 2008



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Bloggy People
Yarn Harlot

Gee, You Knit?

Random Thoughts

Wild Yarn

Obsidian Kitten

Lime & Violet



Subscribe with Bloglines


FOs

Book Strap
Purple Pod Protector
Fidget on Fire
Helios Scarf
Make Like a Tree
Knitter Project/Serpentine Mitts
Mosey on Over
Black Tie Affair
Red Stars
Garden of Eden


FOs 2006
FOs 2007


UFOs

Skating Sweater
99%
Harlequin Entrelac socks
85%
Über-cropped raglan
30%
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from shadkitty. Make your own badge here.


Previous Posts